82 replies to this topic

#31 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,589 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

Get the large chip off you shoulder there for a minute.

Go back and look at my Zimmerman posts. You are a bit blinded. I said that the deaths are not as important to the media as a racial story they can attribute to it. If there is not a white/black element, it gets very little coverage. Not what they should be doing in my opinion.

Again, what story involved w/b that shouldn't have gotten coverage?

It's not hard.

#32 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,450 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

Again, what story involved w/b that shouldn't have gotten coverage?

It's not hard.

Who said it shouldn't have gotten coverage? If you are question scenarios that you yourself make up, then there is no need for the rest of us posting. You are not that dense.

I am saying that the media only reports news when it has a bigger story attached.
Never said it shouldn't be reported, but that they pretty much dismiss these type crimes unless they can get a whiff of a racial element to them. How many times do we have to do this?

Don't worry, you won't have to do the heavy lifting too much longer as the cavalry will come riding to your rescue. Cantrell and CWG will arrive shortly.
Delhommey already came with his drive by name calling. Help is on its way.

#33 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • 7,589 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

Neg rep for once again straight up avoiding a specific story involving w/b. yw.

I'm out. Peace.

#34 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,450 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

Neg Repping and name calling. What's new?

#35 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,307 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

It is like a black man is worth nothing unless a white man kills him. You tell me, what does that show?

since we're using anecdotal evidence as a basis for sweeping claims and subsequent outrage, i'll cite my own anecdotes: i see news reports on the murder of african-americans by other african-americans all the time. it's usually on the local news, because it's specific to greensboro. if every murder made the national news on a daily basis there'd be no time to report on anything else.

what makes big national news stories are ones that have the potential to capture the nation's attention (belding is right, sensationalism does play a part.) but in many cases it's not made a big deal of because it's black versus white but because of other factors: cop versus citizen. security guard versus 17-year-old high school student. thief versus college valedictorian. race often plays a factor in structurally determining the context of those scenarios to begin with, but i don't see enough convincing evidence of a media bias towards race in particular to convince me of the claim that the media somehow has this over-arching policy from execs down to the beat writers to capture and report stuff that'd incite people to be mad at whitie.

based on your record of posting and the fact that your posts remind me of the exact same rhetoric i posted on messages boards years ago, i'm guessing you have a massive confirmation bias which you cloak in false pretenses. you want the main stream lame stream media to be a bunch of slanted stinkin' liberals with an agenda to push, so you filter data accordingly.

i keep hoping you'll bring up an actual point that jives with logic so i don't have to throw the whole of mainstream conservatism out the window, but you're not making that job very easy for me. all you've managed to do is show me what a screwed-up individual i used to be by agreeing verbatim with asshole PhillyB circa 2003.

#36 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • 7,589 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

yo philly I made a thread about you in nerdvana

#37 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

yo philly I made a thread about you in nerdvana

Is it kinky? Like knob slob material ?

#38 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,307 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

:mellow:

#39 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • 7,589 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

yes very kinky :wub:

#40 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,355 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

Who said it shouldn't have gotten coverage? If you are question scenarios that you yourself make up, then there is no need for the rest of us posting. You are not that dense.

I am saying that the media only reports news when it has a bigger story attached.
Never said it shouldn't be reported, but that they pretty much dismiss these type crimes unless they can get a whiff of a racial element to them. How many times do we have to do this?

Don't worry, you won't have to do the heavy lifting too much longer as the cavalry will come riding to your rescue. Cantrell and CWG will arrive shortly.
Delhommey already came with his drive by name calling. Help is on its way.

I get exactly what you are trying to say.

Not that the Zimmerman shooting, or any other white-black shooting should not get coverage...they should as a life is lost.

You are stating the the media appars to not care if it is a minority-minority shooting. Not because the crime does not deserve the same coverage....but that the media could really care less. They are all about ratings and racial instances get way more ratings than minority-minority crimes.

It just shows that the media contributes to the racial problems in this country....they don't just report on them.

#41 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,307 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

does the media contribute to racial problems? or simply bring them to our attention by way of reporting incidents that occur? there's a fine line between the two and i'm not sure it's wise to make a statement like that point blank

#42 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

Here is YMLs daily bullshit post of the day...(besides the other ones)

A white man killing a black man is news gold.

A black man killing a white guy is just meh.

Straight facts homie. Prove otherwise.

#43 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

It's like a game of Twister. Left hand touch blue.

#44 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,307 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

Here is YMLs daily bullshit post of the day...(besides the other ones)

A white man killing a black man is news gold.

A black man killing a white guy is just meh.

Straight facts homie. Prove otherwise.

the burden of proof lies upon he who makes the claim. it is up to you to prove your claim, rather than for others to prove your claim wrong.

#45 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

Let me let you guys in on a little tidbit on the subject of diversity. (And I agree we should all embrace each others rights/ethnic background etc)

I graduated from Asheville High School in 2005.

No matter what you say about integration it doesn't hold the water you want it to. The blacks hung out with the blacks at lunch. The whites hung out with the whites. Google "Lee Edwards High" and you will see where Im getting at. Black high school that began integrating with those pesky whites.

This poo doesn't even pertain to races in most cases. "That black guy is too nerdy for us". Or "that white guy wants to be ghetto". Type poo.

For the fuging birds that feed off this bullshit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.