Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Obama: "If I had a son, I wouldnt let him play football"

203 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

whether they play football or not. Many members of this forum should wear a helmet :)

Posted · Report post

Football is the modern day form of gladiators.

I don't know how many intelligent men would really want their sons to play football.

That being said, my son will be able to make his own informed decisions. I will not tell him what he can.and can't do when it comes to sports and work.

Posted · Report post

But he did say he would allow his daughters into combat. Huddle section crossover post accomplished.

Posted · Report post

The pussification of America starts at the top.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I say let your kids play want they want. If you dont want your kids playing football, you shouldnt be supporting it in any way. Dont want your kids to play the sport then go find another team in another sport to pull for.

Posted · Report post

The greatest experience in my life was varsity football. How could I ever deny my kid such an opportunity? He'll know the risk and it'll be completely his choice. I can't make any parent raise a kid any way, but man I want my boy to enjoy the greatest sport in the planet first hand.

Posted · Report post

I'm marrying the tallest, blackest woman I can find and you better believe my kid is playing football!!

Posted · Report post

My kid is playing football, no ifs ands or buts.

He is two, and already the size of a four year old, he even walks around with a stuffed football and says "hu-hu".

He says "tut down"! Whenever we play too.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Miguel O'Hara 2.0' timestamp='1359341042' post='2116574']
I say let your kids play want they want. If you dont want your kids playing football, you shouldnt be supporting it in any way. Dont want your kids to play the sport then go find another team in another sport to pull for.
[/quote]
if you don't want your kids to be murdered you shouldn't be watching horror movies

Posted · Report post

I wouldn't say people shouldn't let their children find their passion, but all this CTE stuff sure is going to stall a lot of fathers who want to force football on their sons at an early age so they can live through them vicariously in their tracks

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Carolinaguy88' timestamp='1359330089' post='2116341']
Reason I wouldn't want my future son playing football...

[img]http://cdn.wl.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Explosion.gif[/img]
[/quote]

The opposite for me. The reason why I want my on to play football is bc of that: he'll making crushing bones play like Clowney.

Posted · Report post

Football is too violent. Also the culture surrounding the sport is awful.

Soccer or track would be a healthier and more wholesome path.