202 replies to this topic

#181 Firefox

Firefox

This Board Rocks

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

Im a huge President Obama supporter, but that poo is FUNNY!!!

Yeah, one is a righty and one is a lefty, yet you see the same side of their body from the same camera angle.

Posted Image

#182 P.I.A

P.I.A

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationRotting slowly in Afghanistan

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

Steve Smith has his kid in Soccer.

His son also played football. Played for the Carmel cats with my youngest brother.

#183 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:49 AM

Play rugby

Kinda funny that a sport almost as violent as football has significantly fewer head injuries because instead of giving the player more pads and harder helmets, they gave them nothing

#184 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,229 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

Kinda funny that a sport almost as violent as football has significantly fewer head injuries because instead of giving the player more pads and harder helmets, they gave them nothing

Yep.

You get hit when you have the ball. That is it. The only times I had my bell rung was when I had the ball and I knew it was coming. In football I was chopped blocked and guys would go for my knees on every play. Thankfully nothing happened to me.

In rugby there isnt any chop blocking or any blocking, clipping, no high tackling (well there is but it is illegal). It also revolves around possession and not yards gained. I would rather give you 4-5 yards if I could put you in a position that might give my team the ball back.

When we looked for guys to play wrestlers always made better players than ex football players. It was easier to teach a kid to tackle properly with a one or two legged take down than a kid who wants to run up and clobber someone. (there's technique to tackling in rugby. If you come in to tackle me football style I can still pass the ball etc)

If you want to smash into someone you can but it's going to hurt you as well. There are no pads that turn my shoulder into a weapon it's just my shoulder.

#185 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,910 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

People are evaluating the safety of playing football now based on the health of men who played in an era before concussions were taken seriously...

#186 CarolinaPanthersCynic

CarolinaPanthersCynic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

This thread is good for a few laughs.

#187 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

what about daughters? would we all allow our daughters to play football?

#188 themikestrick

themikestrick

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationSmithfield, NC

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

Posted Image

Manly Man

Posted Image

or Girly Man

#189 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

Who cares what this guy thinks? He isn't even a real man...he only has daughters.

#190 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,616 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

If I had a son I would make him put ketchup on his eggs. and Texas Pete on everything because that is motherfuging America

No lie, ketchup on eggs is probably one of my favorite things in life. That poo is just good. If somebody doesn't like ketchup on eggs, they can giiiit out.

#191 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,911 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

I wouldn't let Obama's son play football either.

#192 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,328 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

Yeah, one is a righty and one is a lefty, yet you see the same side of their body from the same camera angle.

Posted Image

so is your avatar a picture of your face on november 7 2012

#193 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,318 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

so is your avatar a picture of your face on november 7 2012

Wait, firefox is black? ;)

#194 Jump Zone

Jump Zone

Formerly FelineFANatic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

^ If i had a son, I would let him decide for himself. Since it's America and all and not Nazi Germany

Said like a true Nazi liberal. I will raise my child the way I see fit, not the way someone else implies I should.

#195 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,818 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

People are evaluating the safety of playing football now based on the health of men who played in an era before concussions were taken seriously...

Valid point. Add in that the speed and power involved at the professional level is infinitely higher than what you'd see in youth football.

That, plus I expect most people's perspective on how many people become seriously injured playing football is probably a little skewed. Stories about famous players suffering brain traumas get loads of news coverage. But for every one of those guys, how many others are there who played for years with no such lingering effects?

Bottom line for me? If I had a son who wanted to play, I'd let him. Mind you, I'd also make sure he knew exactly what to expect once he hit the field.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.