Photo
* - - - - 3 votes

Obama: "If I had a son, I wouldnt let him play football"

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
202 replies to this topic

#193 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

so is your avatar a picture of your face on november 7 2012

Wait, firefox is black? ;)

#194 Jump Zone

Jump Zone

Formerly FelineFANatic

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

^ If i had a son, I would let him decide for himself. Since it's America and all and not Nazi Germany

Said like a true Nazi liberal. I will raise my child the way I see fit, not the way someone else implies I should.

#195 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

People are evaluating the safety of playing football now based on the health of men who played in an era before concussions were taken seriously...

Valid point. Add in that the speed and power involved at the professional level is infinitely higher than what you'd see in youth football.

That, plus I expect most people's perspective on how many people become seriously injured playing football is probably a little skewed. Stories about famous players suffering brain traumas get loads of news coverage. But for every one of those guys, how many others are there who played for years with no such lingering effects?

Bottom line for me? If I had a son who wanted to play, I'd let him. Mind you, I'd also make sure he knew exactly what to expect once he hit the field.

#196 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

SUPPORTER

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:03 AM

Said like a true Nazi liberal. I will raise my child the way I see fit, not the way someone else implies I should.

Considering parts of my family lived and died in the Holocaust. And my father is a raging conserverative and my mother a liberal. And me being moderate. You can go fug yourself. Options is what makes America great dipshit. We are a collective voice of differing opinions. But i guess im a liberal if i dont agree with you. Having a choice is American.

#197 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

so this site thinks jerry jones is a good owner now i guess

SUPPORTER

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

"i'd like to let my son choose whether or not he wants to play football"

-ADOLF HITLER

#198 Coheed

Coheed

Loves Jon Beason

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

You've effectively demonstrated that regurgitating radical rhetoric is the extent of your knowledge on both liberal and nazi ideology, whilst simultaneously disrespecting those families that were affected by real nazis. Nice. Take some night classes or something.

Still don't understand why this is such a huge thread. Who cares how the POTUS wants to raise is kid?

#199 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

Nice, all of this for misleading thread title. "I'm a big football fan, but I have to tell you, if I had a son, I'd have to think long and hard before I let him play football," Obama said. I am glad to find out how some people really feel about our president, politics, and who was too lazy to do some of their own damn research.

http://www.wralsport...tball/12036479/
http://www.huffingto...=green&ir=green

#200 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

SUPPORTER

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

You've effectively demonstrated that regurgitating radical rhetoric is the extent of your knowledge on both liberal and nazi ideology, whilst simultaneously disrespecting those families that were affected by real nazis. Nice. Take some night classes or something.

Still don't understand why this is such a huge thread. Who cares how the POTUS wants to raise is kid?

well you see, how people want to raise their kids is nobody's business but their own.

except for pussy gun-grabber barack hussein "kill grandma with communist healthcare by throwing her down a flight of stairs" obummer. then it's everybody's business.

#201 Coheed

Coheed

Loves Jon Beason

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

well you see, how people want to raise their kids is nobody's business but their own.

except for pussy gun-grabber barack hussein "kill grandma with communist healthcare by throwing her down a flight of stairs" obummer. then it's everybody's business.

My issue with his post stemmed more from the "nazi liberal comment." I think it's disgusting that some people think it's actually sane to compare the liberal, or any "common" political ideology, per se, to that of one that was responsible for the systematic genocide of six million people. I don't care if you disagree with someone, but if you're going to disagree, do it with some sort of shred of human and intellectual integrity; to sit around and toss around such a heavy, heavy word because it's what you hear all your favorite "political analysts" and friends say is moronic and disgraceful.

#202 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

SUPPORTER

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

My issue with his post stemmed more from the "nazi liberal comment." I think it's disgusting that some people think it's actually sane to compare the liberal, or any "common" political ideology, per se, to that of one that was responsible for the systematic genocide of six million people. I don't care if you disagree with someone, but if you're going to disagree, do it with some sort of shred of human and intellectual integrity; to sit around and toss around such a heavy, heavy word because it's what you hear all your favorite "political analysts" and friends say is moronic and disgraceful.

yeah and i agree. i hate it when people sling "nazi" references around because nothing in our current political climate touches anything remotely close to their ideology, let alone the holocaust.

somebody disagreeing with you on the internet isn't the same thing as the systematic elimination of millions of people dipshits.

#203 Guest_Irv_*

Guest_Irv_*
Guests

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

While were at it lets blame obama for the panthers not making the playoffs. i bet obama planted the laptop in cam's room too.