#91 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,023 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

I'm marrying the tallest, blackest woman I can find and you better believe my kid is playing football!!

#92 Brokenbad

Brokenbad

Cam is my hero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

My kid is playing football, no ifs ands or buts.

He is two, and already the size of a four year old, he even walks around with a stuffed football and says "hu-hu".

He says "tut down"! Whenever we play too.

#93 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,143 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

I say let your kids play want they want. If you dont want your kids playing football, you shouldnt be supporting it in any way. Dont want your kids to play the sport then go find another team in another sport to pull for.

if you don't want your kids to be murdered you shouldn't be watching horror movies

#94 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,041 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

I wouldn't say people shouldn't let their children find their passion, but all this CTE stuff sure is going to stall a lot of fathers who want to force football on their sons at an early age so they can live through them vicariously in their tracks

#95 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

JASON VERRETT 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 15,516 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

Reason I wouldn't want my future son playing football...

Posted Image

The opposite for me. The reason why I want my on to play football is bc of that: he'll making crushing bones play like Clowney.

#96 CarolinaPanthersCynic

CarolinaPanthersCynic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

Football is too violent. Also the culture surrounding the sport is awful.

Soccer or track would be a healthier and more wholesome path.

#97 Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

Huddle Smartass

• HUDDLER
  • 4,504 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

Well all of you people watching football, and Obama that think your kids are to good for it, need to stop watching it..

#98 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,735 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

Well all of you people watching football, and Obama that think your kids are to good for it, need to stop watching it..

"If you're too good to go out and get in a bar fight than you need to stop watching UFC"

#99 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 9,759 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

My 10 year old already plays pee wee. He was the biggest and fastest on his team this past season. He moved back and forth from DE and S on defense and C and RB on offense. He led his team in just about everything.

I always thought he'dbe a soccer player. He always crushed his youth leagues. But after playing his first season of football, he has a new love.

#100 JJT

JJT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

Who gives an obama about what that pussy obama says?

#101 Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

Huddle Smartass

• HUDDLER
  • 4,504 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:57 AM

"If you're too good to go out and get in a bar fight than you need to stop watching UFC"

Try again

#102 xlightsoutx

xlightsoutx

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,341 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:05 AM

I've had 3 concussions, one that resulted in me being knocked out cold for 5 minutes (from what the trainers told me) and that caused me to develop a slight speech impediment (slight slurring and stuttering that wasn't there prior to the concussion). All from football. The last one came despite having what was then (2006) a top of the line "concussion" helmet.

I will never tell my kid they can't play anything. I will try to convince them to play baseball or basketball...or really, anything else. Sure, injuries happen, but nothing is scarier than waking up on the field, not knowing where you are, and then seeing your mom, girlfriend, and friends in tears because they thought you broke your neck and died on the field. And that is more likely in football than any other sport.

#103 Lilsmitty09

Lilsmitty09

Nflpanthers07

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

Football builds character. My son is gonna play it (if he wants too, which in my blood he probably will). You all enjoy teaching your sons tennis, volleyball and golf.

#104 xlightsoutx

xlightsoutx

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,341 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:16 AM

Football builds character. My son is gonna play it (if he wants too, which in my blood he probably will). You all enjoy teaching your sons tennis, volleyball and golf.

I completely agree with you. It does build character. In my opinion, there is no sports brotherhood like that of a football team. None. Nothing compares in sports to a football team in terms of camaraderie. My issue is just brain injuries. Seeing how I have long-lasting issues from my concussions (although, very minor in the grand scheme of things), I know how real those issues are. If they want to play, I'm not going to disallow it, but it won't be the first sport I sign them up for at 5 or 6 years old.

#105 Lilsmitty09

Lilsmitty09

Nflpanthers07

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:16 AM

I completely agree with you. It does build character. In my opinion, there is no sports brotherhood like that of a football team. None. Nothing compares in sports to a football team in terms of camaraderie. My issue is just brain injuries. Seeing how I have long-lasting issues from my concussions (although, very minor in the grand scheme of things), I know how real those issues are. If they want to play, I'm not going to disallow it, but it won't be the first sport I sign them up for at 5 or 6 years old.

Touche'. I have had my fair share of concussions and yes they suck. But honestly with this whole defensless player bs, there won't even be any big hits anymore. LMAO.

But for real. Don't know what's up with everyone on here who supports a team of a sport that has been the greatest sport of all time for many years are all uptight about their kids playing it. Hypocrites is what I see. YOLO?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.