Posted Image

#107 PeteRozelle

PeteRozelle

Random Drive by Pictures

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:24 AM

After seeing those baseball throw pictures.. This comes to mind....

#108 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:52 AM

Steve Smith has his kid in Soccer.

#109 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

ayy lmao

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,184 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:02 AM

8 pages of people going full retard over a made up quote

well played, OP

#110 redbuddha

redbuddha

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • LocationCentral Alabama

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:05 AM

As a photographer I have spent a lot of time photographing youth playing sports. I have to say that if I had a kid I wouldn't want him anywhere near the basketball team or football team unless he was a place kicker or punter (career longevity). There are so many kids in athletics, especially young ladies that participate in sports, and go on to maintain high academic standards while still playing sports. Most of the kids that I have seen playing basketball and football, black, white, yellow, and red, seem not to be the brightest individuals. Many have poor academic habits, skip class, or for whatever reason are given passes by coaches and teachers, to be less academically rigorous.

Honestly, I am a slow, short, fat man, most likely I will never produce a child who excels in sports, unless I marry Serena Williams, (fingers crossed). So I will be pushing sports that hold my (future) kid to a higher academic standard. Golf and tennis for example. Most of the kids I have met on those teams maintain a 3.0 or higher gpa. I have seen many of those kids go on to college and maintain those same academic standards and graduate. Many of the kids that I have seen play football on a high level, have dropped out, been arrested for drugs, quit school, or disappeared into the community college athletic landscape, never to be heard from again.

I love football, I played it in high school, I shoot high school and college football, but many times I am sad listening to a kid give an interview after a game, because he can barely complete a sentence in english. He already has a child or two at home to support. Its one thing to expose my kids to brain trauma, if my family is needy; but if I was the President, that kid has better options available.

#111 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:33 AM

Ron Paul can throw a 85 mph slider. His heater is rumored to be triple digits.

#112 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,849 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:48 AM

How is this not in the Tinderbox where it belongs? >.>

#113 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:50 AM

You know those articles that come up every now and then about some former NFL player with debilitating neurological issues who is suing the league? Everyone who comments immediately comes in with a, "well you knew the risks when you started playing, of course running around and hitting people hard is bad for your health."

This is a pretty normal response to that.

#114 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

ayy lmao

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,184 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:56 AM

You know those articles that come up every now and then about some former NFL player with debilitating neurological issues who is suing the league? Everyone who comments immediately comes in with a, "well you knew the risks when you started playing, of course running around and hitting people hard is bad for your health."

This is a pretty normal response to that.

according to convoluted internet tough guy logic, you're a pussy and hypocrite if you choose not to play football or try to dissuade your loved ones from doing so for fear of long-term damage.

but you're a dumbass who "knew what he was getting into" if you do in fact suffer from brain injuries.

#115 WilmyWood

WilmyWood

• ALL-PRO
  • 354 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:59 AM

When you have a kid you may think differently.

If you don't have kids, you really can't add to this discussion.

My thoughts exactly. Your outlook on life and what matters changes completely once your a parent.

I will encourage my son to play sports, but football will not be one of them. I don't think I would enjoy watching anymore if my kid was out there playing. I'd be a nervous wreck.

#116 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,408 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:03 AM

according to convoluted internet tough guy logic, you're a pussy and hypocrite if you choose not to play football or try to dissuade your loved ones from doing so for fear of long-term damage.

but you're a dumbass who "knew what he was getting into" if you do in fact suffer from brain injuries.

lol pretty much.

#117 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,408 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:25 AM

When you have a kid you may think differently.

If you don't have kids, you really can't add to this discussion.

agreed with this.

it's a real game changer. quite a lot about my mindset about being a parent changed when i actually became one, and it wasn't like i was some naive kid either, i was well into my 30s.

theres all kinds of things that i did when i was a kid that i don't want my kid to do and its not a bit hypocritical. you learn stuff as you get older and one of those things is the long term effect of things i did that just weren't ultimately worth it.

just because i like watching football doesn't mean i should be willing to let my kids play anymore than watching resevoir dogs means i should be willing to change their names to some color and get involved in some big heist that turns bad and everyone gets killed.

its entertainment.

#118 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,536 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

Football isn't violent at all compared to what it was so maybe his kid should stick to knitting?

#119 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,894 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:48 AM

BAN CHEERLEADING!

http://www.livescien...eerleading.html

#120 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,824 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

What's next tighter restrictions on Football.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com