Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How long after Peyton Manning's retirement will he be an OC?

37 posts in this topic

Posted

He will go into politics as a Republican and become Mayor of the Universe.

Posted

Just because you are an elite quarterback and make a lot of audibles (some that aren't really changing the play; most are dummy audibles to see if the defense will adjust and see if they are blitzing or not) doesn't mean you'd make a good OC when you'll have to actually design plays. So I seriously, seriously doubt Manning is going to become an OC within 3 years of retiring. As a matter of fact, hell no he doesn't. OC is not nearly that easy.

Posted

I'd be willing to bet he joins an ownership group rather than get into coaching.

Posted

I could see him becoming a QB coach first. After a couple years of that, if successful, it wouldn't surprise me if he gets an OC job.

But if it's all about money, I don't see it. The guy is loaded. He can do TV/radio and make more money. But if he wants to stay in football in some way, he'll be a coach.

Posted

he'll buy the Panthers after the late JR....

Posted

no way a guy making tens of millions as a player is going to put in 15 hour days to be able to make a few hundred thousand as someone's position coach. Come on.

Posted

He will go into ownership/TV, not coaching.

1 person likes this

Posted

To answer Zod, depending on his own personal life and how anxious he really is at wanting to coach. Coaching is alot different than playing.

I also wonder how good of an OC will Peyton be?

I remember reading somewhere about Chris Wienke and him working with QBs now despite his not good run as a QB. They stated that those who didn't have much success at playing QB position tend to be better coaches than those who excelled at the position. Jim Harbaugh does come to mind. Wasn't that great at being a QB but as a OC and now head-coach, can't argue with his abilities.

Will Peyton make a good OC or Head-coach?

Posted

No chance he becomes an OC. That would be a huge step down for him. I don't recall any top HOF QB doing something like that.

He will have a net worth of $200M+ when he retires and will be looking to do something with that $$.

FO or ownership or foundation work certainly

Posted

Who Cares ?

Posted

He's not one now? :unsure:

Posted

Who Cares ?

Well when you click on a thread titled:

How long after Peyton Manning's retirement will he be an OC?

I am going to guess that the answer is you.

What do I win?

1 person likes this