Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

How long after Peyton Manning's retirement will he be an OC?

37 posts in this topic

Ken Norton Jr and Kevin Green are assistant coaches. Dick Labeu.(sp). Steve Spurrier was a high draft pick but not a great nfl player or coach. Herm Edwards I think was pretty good. Tony Dungy as well not sure. Probably the best example is Russ Grimm.

I think he can become an OC right after he retires, but will probably take a year off first.

Jack Del Rio made a Pro Bowl but far from HOF material. Let's not forget Panthers legends Ricky Proehl and Brenston Buckner!

Never.

Dude has made so much money playing there is no way he will be tied to a 15hr/day job. Not sure on the official $$$, but I have to assume he has/will be paid more NFL money than any athlete over the course of their career.

TV gig, yes. Consultant, maybe. Developmental coach (in his hometown), maybe. Full time NFL job, no way.

He will go into politics as a Republican and become Mayor of the Universe.

Just because you are an elite quarterback and make a lot of audibles (some that aren't really changing the play; most are dummy audibles to see if the defense will adjust and see if they are blitzing or not) doesn't mean you'd make a good OC when you'll have to actually design plays. So I seriously, seriously doubt Manning is going to become an OC within 3 years of retiring. As a matter of fact, hell no he doesn't. OC is not nearly that easy.

I'd be willing to bet he joins an ownership group rather than get into coaching.

I could see him becoming a QB coach first. After a couple years of that, if successful, it wouldn't surprise me if he gets an OC job.

But if it's all about money, I don't see it. The guy is loaded. He can do TV/radio and make more money. But if he wants to stay in football in some way, he'll be a coach.

he'll buy the Panthers after the late JR....

no way a guy making tens of millions as a player is going to put in 15 hour days to be able to make a few hundred thousand as someone's position coach. Come on.