Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seriously, fug this state(voter id)

122 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[b]States have the right to determine[/b] how their electoral votes are apportioned. Nebraska and Maine have done this for years...and our system did not collapse.

Federal government cannot dictate to the states. If it were up to me...and if you really want to be a federalist about it...let's follow the Constitution completely and have one day where we elect the president. No early voting. No absentee voting unless you can prove that you will not be in your state/country on election day.

Democrats feel they can simply rely on large states to keep winning national elections and pack courts, but unfortunately for them the powers of federal elections are still controlled by the states. Win states back where it matters.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='g5jamz' timestamp='1359387583' post='2116858']
[b]States have the right to determine[/b] how their electoral votes are apportioned. Nebraska and Maine have done this for years...and our system did not collapse.

Federal government cannot dictate to the states. If it were up to me...and if you really want to be a federalist about it...let's follow the Constitution completely and have one day where we elect the president. No early voting. No absentee voting unless you can prove that you will not be in your state/country on election day.

Democrats feel they can simply rely on large states to keep winning national elections and pack courts, but unfortunately for them the powers of federal elections are still controlled by the states. Win states back where it matters.
[/quote]

the GOP is either too stubborn or too chickenshit to adjust their policy and message to appeal to emerging demographics so they're trying to stack the deck against democrats in key states. full stop. legal or not that doesn't mean it's not obvious what is happening here.

it doesn't have a thing to do with a bald eagle flying over a transparency of an american flag with fireworks exploding in the sky while morgan freeman reads the declaration of independence. this is the flailing of a dying party.

Posted · Report post

The courts can ;)

Posted · Report post

[quote name='g5jamz' timestamp='1359387583' post='2116858']

let's follow the Constitution completely and have one day where we elect the president. No early voting. No absentee voting unless you can prove that you will not be in your state/country on election day.

[/quote]

Does the constitution dictate these things?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Happy Panther' timestamp='1359388850' post='2116890']

Does the constitution dictate these things?
[/quote]

Well...not really...but in my world.

National holiday. Same day. First Tuesday. No excuse. Take away Labor day and make Election day the new holiday.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='g5jamz' timestamp='1359389553' post='2116899']

National holiday. Same day. First Tuesday. No excuse. Take away Labor day and make Election day the new holiday.
[/quote]

This, or vote on Saturday.

I understand the argument that it will be a burden on certain demographics and the poor... I just think it's a bit overplayed by both sides of the issue. You have to have ID to do literally everything else in regards to gov't, drive, get married, etc., etc., but I also realize that certain politicians and parties have used this as a "vote discouraging" measure, which is wrong.

Like DD said, as long as an ID is free and as long as the policies are enacted far enough in advance that people have plenty of time and opportunity to get an ID it's a non-issue.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='g5jamz' timestamp='1359389553' post='2116899']

Well...not really...but in my world.

[/quote]

Deployed US Soliders dont get a vote ?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Kurb' timestamp='1359390492' post='2116911']

Deployed US Soliders dont get a vote ?
[/quote]

Deployed US soldiers can prove they are out of pocket.

Posted · Report post

I agree election day should be a federal holiday

Posted · Report post

The government could end this arguement with thumb print scanners. Thumb print is still free. Simple. registered to vote and scan your thumb!

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Harris Aballah' timestamp='1359392683' post='2116963']
The government could end this arguement with thumb print scanners. Thumb print is still free. Simple. registered to vote and scan your thumb!
[/quote]

Sounds good to me, but I don't want the government to have my fingerprint in a database.

Posted · Report post

I really hope Holder takes out a lawsuit on this fuging state, because this is just an embarrassment to the right we're given. I'm seriously thinking about relocating from this state that seems to be trending back into the 1930's.