Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seriously, fug this state(voter id)

122 posts in this topic

Posted

I really hope Holder takes out a lawsuit on this fuging state, because this is just an embarrassment to the right we're given. I'm seriously thinking about relocating from this state that seems to be trending back into the 1930's.

Good luck.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crawford_v._Marion_County_Election_Board

Posted

I really hope Holder takes out a lawsuit on this fuging state, because this is just an embarrassment to the right we're given. I'm seriously thinking about relocating from this state that seems to be trending back into the 1930's.

Tell me about your 2nd amendment stances

Posted

States have the right to determine how their electoral votes are apportioned. Nebraska and Maine have done this for years...and our system did not collapse.

Federal government cannot dictate to the states. If it were up to me...and if you really want to be a federalist about it...let's follow the Constitution completely and have one day where we elect the president. No early voting. No absentee voting unless you can prove that you will not be in your state/country on election day.

Democrats feel they can simply rely on large states to keep winning national elections and pack courts, but unfortunately for them the powers of federal elections are still controlled by the states. Win states back where it matters.

So if the state wanted to enact a literacy test before voting they could? Come on now, this kind of skewing with the voting system borderlines the Jim Crow laws.

Posted

Well...not really...but in my world.

National holiday. Same day. First Tuesday. No excuse. Take away Labor day and make Election day the new holiday.

Don't take away a holiday. Just add another one. We have very few holidays in this country anyway and NONE of them are federally mandated.

I think we as a country can afford one mandated vacation day for voting.

Posted

So if the state wanted to enact a literacy test before voting they could? Come on now, this kind of skewing with the voting system borderlines the Jim Crow laws.

Honestly why would someone/anyone be opposed to this.

Unless you want people voting how they are told to vote vs voting with information they have gathered themselves.

If you can't read, in theory, it should be next to impossible for you to vote with any type of personal opinion.

Luckily both parties have handy-dandy straight ticket hands outs on voting day!

Posted

Honestly why would someone/anyone be opposed to this.

Unless you want people voting how they are told to vote vs voting with information they have gathered themselves.

If you can't read, in theory, it should be next to impossible for you to vote with any type of personal opinion.

Luckily both parties have handy-dandy straight ticket hands outs on voting day!

lol... people don't read.

1 person likes this

Posted

That's why I gave you the recent Supreme Court case re: the Indiana voter id law...which was a 6-3 decision.

Seeing how the law hasn't been written or even passed yet, you really are arguing from a position of ignorance.

Posted

Hey guys, let's worry about something that is pretty much a non-issue before we take care of the budget in this state! Great fuging idea, McCrory is a dipshit.

Posted

they've literally admitted that there's little to no voter fraud and that they are doing this to f*ck with voter turnout and sway elections... are you people just in denial... or do you not care?

in b4 "both sides do it."

Posted

McCrory is a winner....and he ran on voterid.

Obama is a winner and he didn't run on gun control.

Who the fark do you cheer for.

Posted

lol @ Obama not running on gun control

Posted

Kinda odd that this voter id "fraud" wasn't addressed when George W Bush was elected President........but now it's an issue because younger black, and minorities are voting more. Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm