• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#16 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,164 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:00 AM

let's follow the Constitution completely and have one day where we elect the president. No early voting. No absentee voting unless you can prove that you will not be in your state/country on election day.

Does the constitution dictate these things?

#17 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,770 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

Does the constitution dictate these things?

Well...not really...but in my world.

National holiday. Same day. First Tuesday. No excuse. Take away Labor day and make Election day the new holiday.

#18 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,987 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

National holiday. Same day. First Tuesday. No excuse. Take away Labor day and make Election day the new holiday.

This, or vote on Saturday.

I understand the argument that it will be a burden on certain demographics and the poor... I just think it's a bit overplayed by both sides of the issue. You have to have ID to do literally everything else in regards to gov't, drive, get married, etc., etc., but I also realize that certain politicians and parties have used this as a "vote discouraging" measure, which is wrong.

Like DD said, as long as an ID is free and as long as the policies are enacted far enough in advance that people have plenty of time and opportunity to get an ID it's a non-issue.

#19 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,647 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

Deployed US Soliders dont get a vote ?

#20 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,770 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:37 AM

Deployed US Soliders dont get a vote ?

Deployed US soldiers can prove they are out of pocket.

#21 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,164 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

I agree election day should be a federal holiday

#22 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

The government could end this arguement with thumb print scanners. Thumb print is still free. Simple. registered to vote and scan your thumb!

#23 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,770 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

The government could end this arguement with thumb print scanners. Thumb print is still free. Simple. registered to vote and scan your thumb!

Sounds good to me, but I don't want the government to have my fingerprint in a database.

#24 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,554 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

I really hope Holder takes out a lawsuit on this fuging state, because this is just an embarrassment to the right we're given. I'm seriously thinking about relocating from this state that seems to be trending back into the 1930's.

#25 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,770 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

I really hope Holder takes out a lawsuit on this fuging state, because this is just an embarrassment to the right we're given. I'm seriously thinking about relocating from this state that seems to be trending back into the 1930's.

Good luck.

http://en.wikipedia...._Election_Board

#26 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,647 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

Tell me about your 2nd amendment stances

#27 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,554 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

States have the right to determine how their electoral votes are apportioned. Nebraska and Maine have done this for years...and our system did not collapse.

Federal government cannot dictate to the states. If it were up to me...and if you really want to be a federalist about it...let's follow the Constitution completely and have one day where we elect the president. No early voting. No absentee voting unless you can prove that you will not be in your state/country on election day.

Democrats feel they can simply rely on large states to keep winning national elections and pack courts, but unfortunately for them the powers of federal elections are still controlled by the states. Win states back where it matters.

So if the state wanted to enact a literacy test before voting they could? Come on now, this kind of skewing with the voting system borderlines the Jim Crow laws.

#28 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

Don't take away a holiday. Just add another one. We have very few holidays in this country anyway and NONE of them are federally mandated.

I think we as a country can afford one mandated vacation day for voting.

#29 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,647 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

So if the state wanted to enact a literacy test before voting they could? Come on now, this kind of skewing with the voting system borderlines the Jim Crow laws.

Honestly why would someone/anyone be opposed to this.

Unless you want people voting how they are told to vote vs voting with information they have gathered themselves.

If you can't read, in theory, it should be next to impossible for you to vote with any type of personal opinion.

Luckily both parties have handy-dandy straight ticket hands outs on voting day!

#30 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,005 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

Honestly why would someone/anyone be opposed to this.

Unless you want people voting how they are told to vote vs voting with information they have gathered themselves.

If you can't read, in theory, it should be next to impossible for you to vote with any type of personal opinion.

Luckily both parties have handy-dandy straight ticket hands outs on voting day!

lol... people don't read.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com