Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

I like what I hear from Rubio.

Same here...

#4 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,547 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

Interesting on first pass. Without numbers behind it, it's basically all puppies, unicorns, and rainbows.

#5 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,547 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

Re-reading this, there are some serious red flags/ambiguities.

Creating a Path to Citizenship for Unauthorized Immigrants Already Here that is Contingent Upon Securing the Border and Combating Visa Overstays

Contingent upon? Contingent upon what exactly? And who decides this?

Give me numbers, definitions, exact goals. This kind of vagueness points to no good.

#6 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,095 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

And while border security has improved significantly over the last two Administrations

But but Obummer and his illegal voters!

#7 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,399 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:29 AM

Contingent means...border security comes first

#8 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,399 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

So of course the entire bill is bad if the immigration plan is contingent on border security.

I mean...what kind of moron stops the flooding before figuring out how redirect the water already busted through. Pffssh.

Way to tow the line Delhommey.

#9 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,633 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

Contingent means...border security comes first

But defining border security is the hard part. We can increase the numbers of Border patrol agents, but that might not make a significant dent in the numbers of illegals crossing. Truth is that we could put 2-3 divisions of army troops along the border (40-60 thousand troops), and there would still be holes in security. Its a very long border.

If its contingent on adding 5000 new border patrol agents and building some fences, then fine, do it and proceed. But understand that may not achieve the desired effect. If its contingent on actual cuts in the numbers of illegal aliens, then we may never get past the contingent part.

#10 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,399 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

But defining border security is the hard part. We can increase the numbers of Border patrol agents, but that might not make a significant dent in the numbers of illegals crossing. Truth is that we could put 2-3 divisions of army troops along the border (40-60 thousand troops), and there would still be holes in security. Its a very long border.

If its contingent on adding 5000 new border patrol agents and building some fences, then fine, do it and proceed. But understand that may not achieve the desired effect. If its contingent on actual cuts in the numbers of illegal aliens, then we may never get past the contingent part.

Let's wait until we see what the legislation says is "secure".

#11 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,547 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

Sounds dangerously like a carrot. As long as things aren't defined, it's real easy constantly dangle the idea of citizenship to the workers without every really going through any meaningful reform.

Then you can say "We tried reform and it just doesn't work" while continuing to go forward with the backwards, harmful, and lazy regulations we have today without ever really trying anything different at all.

#12 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,675 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

I like what I hear from Rubio.

how far have you actually delved into his political views? i hear a lot of moderates saying they like Rubio, but don't seem to realize he's two steps to the right of Pat Robertson.

#13 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,514 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

how far have you actually delved into his political views? i hear a lot of moderates saying they like Rubio, but don't seem to realize he's two steps to the right of Pat Robertson.

Mainly the fluff from talk radio.

Right of pat robertson? surely you jest

#14 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,624 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

"border security" could be revamped simply by making BCIS actually, you know, work

#15 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,547 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

Why is it many of the same people who see the war on drugs and gun restrictions as untenable turn around and treat the war on immigration like it's just a matter of will?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com