23 replies to this topic

#1 Zcustom

Zcustom

The Irish Hammer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,556 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

Four years ago those scumbags used harvesting software to try and steal money from the wife and I, now they have sent this "account" (made up solely of overdraft fees) to the IRS and it's going to count as income this year??

Fug you BOA, it's a disgrace that you sponsor my favorite football team. Bastards, rot in hell.

#2 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 15,488 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

Four years ago those scumbags used harvesting software to try and steal money from the wife and I

Whoa they did what?

#3 Zcustom

Zcustom

The Irish Hammer

• HUDDLER
  • 5,556 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

Whoa they did what?

http://www.clossonsettlement.com/

The lawsuit also claims that Bank of America authorizes debit card transactions that will result in overdraft fees; fails to warn customers that specific debit card transactions may result in overdrawn accounts; posts debit card and other transactions in high-to-low order; and provides account balance information to customers that is not current, accurate or as advertised.

#4 il Malocchio

il Malocchio

formerly j2sgam...

• HUDDLER
  • 3,822 posts
  • Locationtryin to figure it out...

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

You wouldnt believe the bullshtit Im going through with them & my mortgage. I told one of their reps what I thought & her response was "You can always refinance." I told her I tried that & BoA bought the loan from them. It pisses me off that the Panthers play at BoA, I cannot stand the fuggers & their business principles...

#5 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,368 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

http://www.clossonsettlement.com/

BB&T used to use the same policy.

#6 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

►►►►►

• HUDDLER
  • 8,874 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

state employees credit union

beg, borrow, steal (not really that's illegal)-do whatever you can to get an account and close yours with whatever big national bank you belong to

#7 Irv

Irv

Winner Best New Huddler

• HUDDLER
  • 3,123 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

thus why i love small banks

#8 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 7,782 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

Credit Unions, ftw. Or... have money in your account and you needn't worry of an overdraft.

#9 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 18,199 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

Credit unions won't be pure for long. Sorry.

#10 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• HUDDLER
  • 11,995 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

Same happened to me, not going into details but now I have a huge fuging tax bill.

#11 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 15,942 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:27 AM

Credit Unions, ftw. Or... have money in your account and you needn't worry of an overdraft.

Funny story, my sister worked in customer service a few years ago for a credit union. Some guy who hated wachovia bank called one day and ask why his credit union check went thru wachovia. She told him that wachovia handles all their check processing. He got really mad, screamed at her, screamed at managment, and closed his account, and went to another credit union (which probably had its checks handled by a big bank).

Most credit unions outsource some or all of their back office operations to one of the bigger banks.

#12 TNPanther

TNPanther

Jimmie Rustler

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:09 AM

All national banks are comprised of scumbags. You just have to pick your poison.

#13 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,524 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:22 AM

Yeah my sister had a situation where her BofA debit card didn't register oh, about 60 days worth of lunch at $6 a day. She was dumb not to notice but all she would check was her balance and not what was actually coming out. So all these charges hit on the same random day and about 12 of them hit with a 50 dollar overdraft fee each. They eventually got it sorted out and BofA settled with them tbh I don't know all the details about that but it was a mess for awhile.

What pisses me off about it is the banks got greedy. They tried to maximize profits and they failed and cost a lot of people jobs. So now their crying "poor us, we need to charge fees, we're losing money left and right". They are losing money because they got sloppy and greedy. Cut your boards pay in half. That's a good start.

#14 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,060 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

So basically people are pissed because they did not keep track of their debit card charges and are getting charged overdraft fees.

Am I missing something?

#15 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,060 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

The banks do have certain policies that maximize fees.....or at least they used to (when I was with KPMG and audited Wachovia)

For instance:

Say you had $50 in your account. You had checks/charges to clear that were $49, $5, $5, $5 and $10.

The bank would clear the $49 charge first so that the next four would generate overdraft fees...rather than the smaller ones first which would generate one overdraft fee.

Not sure if they were forced to change this practice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.