• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,567 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:41 AM

I had BB&T starting in 1990 in college. I once was overdrawn and i went to the local branch on main street and the lady behind the counter said "Oh don't worry about the fee, just don't let it happen again."

#17 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,968 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:43 AM

If you are a good and long standing customer with any of the banks, they will usually waive any overdraft fees.

But, if you consistently have them....you are not going to get much sympathy from them.

#18 The Link

The Link

Satire Enthusiast

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,998 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

So basically people are pissed because they did not keep track of their debit card charges and are getting charged overdraft fees.

Am I missing something?

Apparently you are.

The lawsuit also claims that Bank of America authorizes debit card transactions that will result in overdraft fees; fails to warn customers that specific debit card transactions may result in overdrawn accounts; posts debit card and other transactions in high-to-low order; and provides account balance information to customers that is not current, accurate or as advertised.

I used to have an account with them and I can attest to the above statement.

#19 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,968 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:49 AM

Apparently you are.

I used to have an account with them and I can attest to the above statement.

Most banks post high to low....that is not uncommon.

However, it is still everyone's responsibility to not overdraw your account. Again, if it is an outlier....call the bank and I will guarantee you that they waive the fee.

Now, the inaccurate balance info is a real head scratcher. Anyone know how they are communicated inaccurate info? I have not had this issue with them and am interested in the details.

#20 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,862 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:01 AM

They did it to me once when I was in college... It said I had 1k in my account but they still charged me an overdraft fee. $150 worth... I called em up and asked for explanation. I knew I was getting a paycheck on friday so I wrote a check for my car on thursday which would cause me to overdraft. The check cleared my account on Friday and my paycheck was deposited on Friday first thing in the morning so on ledger I never had negative balance but they still charged me an overdraft fee. They refund me the whole thing cause they could not provide me with proof where I overdrafted my account... Assholes.

#21 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,968 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:06 AM

They did it to me once when I was in college... It said I had 1k in my account but they still charged me an overdraft fee. $150 worth... I called em up and asked for explanation. I knew I was getting a paycheck on friday so I wrote a check for my car on thursday which would cause me to overdraft. The check cleared my account on Friday and my paycheck was deposited on Friday first thing in the morning so on ledger I never had negative balance but they still charged me an overdraft fee. They refund me the whole thing cause they could not provide me with proof where I overdrafted my account... Assholes.

I also know that it is pretty common practice to post charges before deposits on any given day. Not just BOA....but most banks do this.

You have to read the fine print for your account to make sure your know all of the little rules.

#22 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,968 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

Who knew BOA (big banks) needed a White Knight like Madhatter to come save them!?

I am not defending them....I think that all big banks suck ass.

I was just pointing out that what we are talking about is pretty common among most banks....not just BOA.

Did not want someone switching to another national bank and think they were going to get anything different.

Now, Credit Unions do typically have more customer friendly practices.

#23 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,566 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

I am not defending them....I think that all big banks suck ass.

I was just pointing out that what we are talking about is pretty common among most banks....not just BOA.

Did not want someone switching to another national bank and think they were going to get anything different.

Now, Credit Unions do typically have more customer friendly practices.

I read the rest of the thread and deleted my comment.

#24 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,968 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

I read the rest of the thread and deleted my comment.

I am a corporate yummy on many things....but I hate all big banks.

They have everyone by the family jewels.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com