Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are the Panthers better or worse off this year, opposed to last year at this time?

53 votes

1. 1. are the better or worse off?

• better
    • worse
    • same
    • too early to tell

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

30 posts in this topic

Posted

I think we are way better than last year.

Have a stud at MLB in Kuechly.

Have two very good defensive ends in Johnson and Hardy.

Cam has another year under his belt and showed some great improvement at the end of this year.

Gettleman > Hurney

Cap situation has been bad both offseason's.

Coaching situation is more cloudy this year. Rivera had a longer leash last offseason, this year its make or break.

Posted

Same. We are always the same. Outside of two pathetic seasons our franchise is the same.

i would just like to know how much longer they think that rome is going to be under construction and where they are expecting to be in this process of theirs next year.

Posted

I'd say the fans are better off this year... Our expectations are not as high as last season so if we suck it up we would expect it if we do good we'll freak out and say "I knew it... I knew we were gonna be good" (when we thought otherwise)

As for the team... There has been improvements and there has been "wtf" moments. The improvements are having Gettleman here and Jim Skipper back and I believe we made good movements with the QB and WR coach. The "wtf" moments promoting Shula (I really hope he proves me wrong) and releasing the LB coach

is it better to finally know that your team is hopelessly accepting of being average?

its never better to have very little hope that your team will be great.

1 person likes this

Posted

We have a GM with real experience in player evaluation and a track record of success at it.

I see that as a big positive when it comes time to build the next roster.

Posted

my twins will be five in May, one stinking winning season since they have been alive... my little boy will be four in June, yet to see a winning season :thumbsd:

Posted

Leaning more towards worse but getting rid of Hurney was a huge step in the right direction.

Hiring Shula was another step back though. This team can't continue forward, they always have to do something that puts them back and keeping Rivera sets back the Gettleman hire.

Posted

We have a GM with real experience in player evaluation and a track record of success at it.

I see that as a big positive when it comes time to build the next roster.

i have faith that the team will be built better, but little faith that it will be coached better.

Posted

is it better to finally know that your team is hopelessly accepting of being average?

its never better to have very little hope that your team will be great.

Would you rather go in the season thinking we were going to the Playoffs and play terrible on offense and kill you on the inside, or have lower expectations?

Posted

the SB should be the expectation of every fan.....maybe not the Falcons, since they will always choke...

1 person likes this

Posted

i would just like to know how much longer they think that rome is going to be under construction and where they are expecting to be in this process of theirs next year.

Damn right, man.

Posted

the SB should be the expectation of every fan.....maybe not the Falcons, since they will always choke...

Wish I could rep from my phone LOL

Posted

Would you rather go in the season thinking we were going to the Playoffs and play terrible on offense and kill you on the inside, or have lower expectations?

lacking faith in your team sucks. having low expectations suck. I'd rather believe they were capable of great things and quite able of delivering on them. i don't.