Photo
- - - - -

Are the Panthers better or worse off this year, opposed to last year at this time?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Poll: Are the Panthers better or worse off this year, opposed to last year at this time? (53 member(s) have cast votes)

are the better or worse off?

1. better (24 votes [45.28%])

Percentage of vote: 45.28%

2. worse (10 votes [18.87%])

Percentage of vote: 18.87%

3. same (6 votes [11.32%])

Percentage of vote: 11.32%

4. too early to tell (13 votes [24.53%])

Percentage of vote: 24.53%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#11 rscott94

rscott94

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

I'd say the fans are better off this year... Our expectations are not as high as last season so if we suck it up we would expect it if we do good we'll freak out and say "I knew it... I knew we were gonna be good" (when we thought otherwise)

As for the team... There has been improvements and there has been "wtf" moments. The improvements are having Gettleman here and Jim Skipper back and I believe we made good movements with the QB and WR coach. The "wtf" moments promoting Shula (I really hope he proves me wrong) and releasing the LB coach

#12 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

HUDDLER

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

I'm not sure how you can respond to a question like this early in the offseason when no trades have been done, drafting, or free agency. Of course we're the SAME.

#13 CaliPanthers

CaliPanthers

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

I think we are way better than last year.

Have a stud at MLB in Kuechly.

Have two very good defensive ends in Johnson and Hardy.

Cam has another year under his belt and showed some great improvement at the end of this year.

Gettleman > Hurney

Cap situation has been bad both offseason's.

Coaching situation is more cloudy this year. Rivera had a longer leash last offseason, this year its make or break.

#14 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

Same. We are always the same. Outside of two pathetic seasons our franchise is the same.

i would just like to know how much longer they think that rome is going to be under construction and where they are expecting to be in this process of theirs next year.

#15 rayzor

rayzor

Moderators

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

I'd say the fans are better off this year... Our expectations are not as high as last season so if we suck it up we would expect it if we do good we'll freak out and say "I knew it... I knew we were gonna be good" (when we thought otherwise)

As for the team... There has been improvements and there has been "wtf" moments. The improvements are having Gettleman here and Jim Skipper back and I believe we made good movements with the QB and WR coach. The "wtf" moments promoting Shula (I really hope he proves me wrong) and releasing the LB coach

is it better to finally know that your team is hopelessly accepting of being average?

its never better to have very little hope that your team will be great.

#16 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• LocationSC
SUPPORTER

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

We have a GM with real experience in player evaluation and a track record of success at it.

I see that as a big positive when it comes time to build the next roster.

#17 jackson113

jackson113

Poo talking mother fugging Jackson

SUPPORTER

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

my twins will be five in May, one stinking winning season since they have been alive... my little boy will be four in June, yet to see a winning season :thumbsd:

#18 Fox007

Fox007

HUDDLER

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

Leaning more towards worse but getting rid of Hurney was a huge step in the right direction.

Hiring Shula was another step back though. This team can't continue forward, they always have to do something that puts them back and keeping Rivera sets back the Gettleman hire.

#19 rayzor

rayzor

Moderators

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

We have a GM with real experience in player evaluation and a track record of success at it.

I see that as a big positive when it comes time to build the next roster.

i have faith that the team will be built better, but little faith that it will be coached better.

#20 rscott94

rscott94

HUDDLER

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

is it better to finally know that your team is hopelessly accepting of being average?

its never better to have very little hope that your team will be great.

Would you rather go in the season thinking we were going to the Playoffs and play terrible on offense and kill you on the inside, or have lower expectations?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users