15 replies to this topic

#1 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

Trades:

Swap first round picks with the Bengals (Our 14 with their 21)pick up a 2nd and a 4th round pick

Releases:

Release DeAngelo Williams

Release Chris Gamble

Release Ron Edwards

Release Jimmy Clausen

Release other cats

Free Agency:

Sign Ramses Barden WR

Sign Sean Smith CB

Sign Terrance Knighton

NFL Draft:

1st round pick: Chance Warmack

Posted Image

We need to strengthen our lines, receiver can wait. (In a way, not having a superstar receiver forces Cam to be more accurate. So I'm not crying that our best receiver is eyeing retirement) When it comes to the Guard position, Chance is the best out of this class. A lot of you would say he won't last until 21, but go look at the past when it comes to that position. Last year, David DeCastro went 24 overall. A year before that, the Eagles drafted the first Gaurd at 23. So with rising draft stock of other players, Warmack will fall to the back end of the first round.

2nd round pick: Bacarri Rambo

Posted Image

I don't care what yall say about this kid, he was a ball hawk in the toughest division in college football. That got to count for something does it not? Had he played a full year, he would have been a top 15 pick for sure. He had 8 turnovers the previous year, and once he returned from his suspension early is the season, he followed up on that campaign with 6 total turnovers. You can actually look at his stats throughout his career, and see the mark of a ballhawk in it. I don't know what some of you are thinking, but this guy is the best safety in this class hands down!

2nd round pick (trade): Kyle Long

Posted Image

As I said before, this will probably be Gross' final year as a Panther. So it's best we start looking for his successor. Long is athletic, but raw. A year under Gross should help him develop into a good LT.

4th round pick: Darius Slay

Posted Image

I like Darius more and more. I believe if he has a strong combine, and his speed alone would do it, he will be a second round pick. Yet he has all the tools to be a good starting corner in the league.

4th round pick (trade): Joseph Fauria

Posted Image

Best value pick here. (With all the top DTs and WRs off the board) Has the skills to catch and block, so he's pretty much the most complete TE in this draft.

5th round pick: Devin Taylor

Posted Image

Much like concerning what some of you have said on Rambo, people are completely wrong about Taylor in saying he's a bad prospect. Yeah, I know he didn't get a lot of sacks inspite of Clowney being on the other side of him, but the dude still had 8.5 tackles for a loss. (3 of them being sacks) He had 6 passes defended, and over 40 tackles. Those are solid stats. Now, in his 2010 campaign, he put up 7.5 sacks with 13 tackles for a loss. I say by the time the combine is done, Taylor might be a third round pick in the least. It would be a mistake to pass up on this guy because he didn't get 20 sacks playing opposite Clowney. Let's not forget, Taylor was double-teamed a lot as well. He just needs to work on his technique, and he will be nightmare in the NFL.

6th round pick: Dustin Hopkins

Posted Image

Has the best leg in the college ranks. His accuracy is pretty good as well.

6th round pick (comp.): Joe Vellano

Posted Image

Vellano is the best DT in the ACC. He is low to the ground, and have the build to fight off blocks. Perhaps he can blossom into a great athlete. Become the next Warren Sapp without the attitude.

6th round pick (comp.): Rodney Smith

Posted Image

Usually most very tall receivers are "go up and get 'em" type guys. Players who come in around the goaline to catch a toss up touchdown. Yet Smith have a little "shake and bake" to his game. I like receivers who try to get yards after the catch through breaking tackles. Yet I wonder why he didn't have more touchdowns. From looking at his stats, it seems he was the third receiver on the depth chart. Hopefully, he has starting potential in the big leagues.

Undrafted Free Agents:

Dan Buckner WR

Justice Cunningham TE

Marc Panu FB

Some other guys...

Roster projection (starters):

QB- Cam Newton
RB- Jonathan Stewart
FB- Marc Panu ®
TE- Greg Olsen
WR- Steve Smith
WR- David Gettis
LT- Jordan Gross
LG- Amini Silatolu
C- Ryan Kalil
RG- Chance Warmack ®
RT- Byron Bell

DE- Greg Hardy
DT- Dwan Edwards
DT- Terrance Knighton
DE- Charles Johnson
OLB- Thomas Davis
MLB- Luke Kuechly
OLB- Jon Beason
CB- Darius Slay ®
FS- Bacarri Rambo ®
SS- Charles Godfrey
CB- Sean Smith

K- Dustin Hopkins ®
P- Brad Nortman
KR- Joe Adams
PR- Joe Adams

#2 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,190 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

why you tryna make newton look bad doe? he curb stomped south carolina...lol just playing

decent draft dont like the dt though. knighton started out good but he got in a bad club fight. also later on last year he lost his job to a chump. lol no..

i like rambo but thats a reach...ill say 3rd round for him.

not to excited bout those corners either. and you should have got a way better deep threat wr...its decent one all the way up to the 4th imo.
panthers already have bryant..."the big wr who has not done much yet". dont need more of that.

#3 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,313 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

Warmack, Rambo and Long all Panthers....If this is what happened on draft day I would cry tears of joy. All three of those guys are going to be beats at the next level...

#4 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

Long is a much better guard then tackle

#5 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

warmak wont be there at 21. no WR with the two 2nd rounds picks?!? not sold on Long. Rambo is shorter than id like.

#6 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:01 AM

warmak wont be there at 21. no WR with the two 2nd rounds picks?!? not sold on Long. Rambo is shorter than id like.

he won't be there at 14, either

#7 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:34 AM

BOOO!!!

#8 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:32 AM

Again, the Guard position is not rated high these days. David DeCastro was the best G prospect since Steve Hutchinson and Alan Faneca. He was drafted at the 24th spot. Look at the recent history of G being drafted in the first round. They are starting to fall like the running back position. Warmack will be there in the late first round.

#9 Pejorative Miscreant

Pejorative Miscreant

Cold Ass Honky

• HUDDLER
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:43 AM

I would like this if it happens

#10 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:21 AM

Kyle Long has too short of arms to play LT in the NFL. Warmack won't be there at 21. I think Lane Johnson at 21 and Warford in the 2nd round is more realistic.

#11 davos

davos

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 10,040 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

I like the first 2 picks but I'd like to gain something better than Fauria, Ramses Barden & Rodney Smith to our receiving corp. We can easily do that in the draft plus our coach and new gm have already mentioned the need for weapons. There should definitely be a WR taken in our first 3 picks.

#12 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 10,195 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

just wondering how you picked the bengals as a trade partner and who they wanted to move up for

#13 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

Kyle Long has too short of arms to play LT in the NFL. Warmack won't be there at 21. I think Lane Johnson at 21 and Warford in the 2nd round is more realistic.

My dream draft is to trade down pick up another 2nd and grab

Lane Johnson

Warford

Rodgers

#14 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

Sinking Ship

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:00 AM

Not a fan of Long at tackle and I'd poo bricks if Warmack made it to #21, much less #14. I'd love for us to trade down if Warmack, Fisher and Patterson are off the board. Maybe could add a 2nd and fill some of the needs we have. Overall good job and well thought out.

Realistic trade down under your scenario:

#21) Desmond Trufant CB/ Washington
#41) Larry Warford OG/ Kentucky
#53) Chris Faulk OT/ LSU
#105) Jonathan Cyprien SS/ Florida International
#115) Kwame Geathers NT/ Georgia
5th) Brad Wing P/ LSU
6th) Levine Tolilolo/ TE Stanford
etc...

I would have put Da'Rick Rogers in there too, but at the moment he could go anywhere from the 2nd to the 4th depending on how teams view his off field problems. Would love him at #105 if he fell that far.

#15 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:35 AM

Rodgers wont make it out of the 2nd. To good, someone will take a flyer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com