• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

Let’s say a would-be Egyptian dictator tosses the head of the military, supports a terrorist assault on Israel, and threatens to send tanks into the streets to fight any opposition. Let’s also say you’re the President of the United States. Would you: A: threaten to cut off aid; B: actually cut off aid; C: send 20 F-16s to Egypt?

If you’re Barack Obama, your clear answer is C. Beginning January 22, the first portions of America’s $1 billion foreign aid grant to Egypt hits the ground in Cairo – four F-16 jets. The last time the United States greenlit aid to Egypt was 2010, when deposed authoritarian Hosni Mubarak was in power. House Committee on Foreign Affairs Chair Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-FL) said, “The Obama administration wants to simply throw money at an Egyptian government that the president cannot even clearly state is an ally of the United States.

How nice are these jets? According to Lockheed Martin, they’re the top of the line. “We remain committed to providing our customer with a proven, advanced 4th Generation multirole fighter,” bragged John Larson, vice president of Lockheed Martin’s F-16 program.

What good are Jets without Tanks?

For Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood-dominated government, more battle tanks and jet fighters are on their way from the United States.
Cairo’s military link to Washington has remained intact, meaning the U.S. will continue to modernize the biggest military in Africa — even as President Mohammed Morsi has decreed near-absolute power for himself and his supporters and opponents battle outside his palace.
Analysts say Egypt’s military buildup presents risks for Washington — and Israel — with the growing influence of the Brotherhood, whose overriding goal is to establish Shariah, or Islamic, law worldwide.
A Pentagon statement to The Washington Times on Thursday said: “We are always reviewing our foreign assistance to make sure foreign assistance advances U.S. objectives and is being used for the right purposes.”
For now, Egypt is due 200 M1A1 Abrams battle tanks, the same mechanized firepower manned by American soldiers, bringing Egypt’s inventory to a robust 1,200.

Read more: http://www.washingto.../#ixzz2JKgL5b3e

#2 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,139 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

Before you know it that Obummer will have Muslims meeting in the White House getting CIA aid with things like Stinger Missiles, the rat bastard!

#3 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

So why does the Muslim Brotherhood need these though?

#4 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,139 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

Because the military industrial complex deems it necessary.

#5 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

May as well sent them to Iran.

#6 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

Fair enough I guess. But why all this foreign aid, when we should be worrying about our own asses?

We are like "Big Brothers / Big Sisters" version of world assistance. It's stupid.

#7 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,139 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

That question gets asked all the time, and it has been asked for decades.

The answer is that we want to be the superpower of the world. This is one of the prices that get paid for that.

Also, these folks are going to get weapons from somewhere, at least if they get them from us we have some leverage over things like parts, training, upgrades, that may help us diplomatically down the road. At least thats an idea.

#8 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

That question gets asked all the time, and it has been asked for decades.

The answer is that we want to be the superpower of the world. This is one of the prices that get paid for that.

Also, these folks are going to get weapons from somewhere, at least if they get them from us we have some leverage over things like parts, training, upgrades, that may help us diplomatically down the road. At least thats an idea.

Do you think it's a good idea to send these weapons to the britherhood? Just curious.

#9 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

Fair enough I guess. But why all this foreign aid, when we should be worrying about our own asses?

We are like "Big Brothers / Big Sisters" version of world assistance. It's stupid.

Dam right. I want an F-16. A tank would be neat but I'd prefer an F-16. Fully armed.

#10 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

Dam right. I want an F-16. A tank would be neat but I'd prefer an F-16. Fully armed.

Are you implying that I was saying we need to worry about our own asses, by supplying US citizens with tanks or jet fighters?

Come on man.

#11 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

you think we're doing this to help them? out of the goodness of our hearts?

#12 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

you think we're doing this to help them? out of the goodness of our hearts?

Honestly I don't have a clue beans... Why are we?

#13 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

Honestly I don't have a clue beans... Why are we?

money, influence, regional balance of power.

i don't know that we SHOULD be doing it... but we gotta make room for all those cool new weapons!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com