38 replies to this topic

#11 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationSouthern California
HUDDLER

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:56 AM

And did you really just do all that work just try to and make me look dumb lol? Damn why do I attract so much attention?

#12 Catalyst

Catalyst

• LocationMorehead City
HUDDLER

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:30 AM

Let's cut Gross and keep everyone else, though.

#13 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:17 AM

and we kept our OL coach why?

oh yeah....stability.

yay.

#14 KillerKat

KillerKat

To Hell With Bell

HUDDLER

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:28 AM

Draft OL with our first 2 picks

#15 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

HUDDLER

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:34 AM

We can find a good RG at a reasonable price in FA. If a good potential left tackle is there at 14 or in the 2nd round, grab him. Play the rookie at RT until he is ready to take over for Gross. All of a sudden, our o-line looks a whole lot better.

This of course assumes that we're able to do a reasonable re-structure with Gross.

#16 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

HUDDLER

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:43 AM

and we kept our OL coach why?

oh yeah....stability.

yay.

I wanted to replace him too, but in his defense, many of our problems were due to playcalling. Once we sorted out our offensive strategy, the o-line performed at least a little better, and by that point we were playing with scrubs.

Nonetheless, we have to find a way to get good performance out of the line early in the season. For some reason, our line has struggled early the last 2 seasons, especially with run blocking.

#17 rayzor

rayzor

Moderators

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:47 AM

I wanted to replace him too, but in his defense, many of our problems were due to playcalling. Once we sorted out our offensive strategy, the o-line performed at least a little better, and by that point we were playing with scrubs.

Nonetheless, we have to find a way to get good performance out of the line early in the season. For some reason, our line has struggled early the last 2 seasons, especially with run blocking.

it struggles early every season.

we need an OL coach who can get them gelling earlier than week 8.

#18 MHS831

MHS831

HUDDLER

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:29 AM

We can find a good RG at a reasonable price in FA. If a good potential left tackle is there at 14 or in the 2nd round, grab him. Play the rookie at RT until he is ready to take over for Gross. All of a sudden, our o-line looks a whole lot better.

This of course assumes that we're able to do a reasonable re-structure with Gross.

Absolutely, and I think this is what we will do. Even if we draft a developmental LT in the second, he is still probalbly going to be better than Bell.

I would draft a big G later because we need depth and competition.

I have said it before, if Lane Johnson is there when we draft, we take him. However, trading down enough to get a third rounder could be very smart because the second round is loaded at WR and CB--I think a few will slip into the third.

#19 MHS831

MHS831

HUDDLER

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:43 AM

it struggles early every season.

we need an OL coach who can get them gelling earlier than week 8.

I agree. This comment caught my attention because it is something that has plagued the Panthers for years. I disagree with the comment in the article that suggests the OL positions have been addressed properly. Gross, Kalil, Otah (bust), and Silatolu over a 10 year period or so is not adequate if you are not developing raw projects found late in the draft.

Hangartner should NEVER have been asked to play RG. Bell should never have been considered a starting RT. Silatolu was confused much too often and too late in the season. In fairness, it is tough work for any rookie to be asked to start.

Cam needs to be protected and the run game needs to return. This has to be the first priority.

#20 rayzor

rayzor

Moderators

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:46 AM

no more rookies starting on the OL, please.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users