Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

and Los Angeles gets....the falcons? maybe....

38 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Waiting for my name to come up.

Posted · Report post

I'd like to see them get the open air stadium going... but they need to stay in ATL so we dont have to travel far to beat their ass

Posted · Report post

yeah blank is just trying to create leverage. he wants something like $300 million from the city of atlanta.

he's going to remain oddly quiet about the matter and not say much either way until his proposal gets the all clear

Posted · Report post

But what about Bwo... Aw dammit!

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Bwood' timestamp='1359477661' post='2118135']
[/quote]

It's nice to be able to put a face to a name. Thanks.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNBsg43cdTc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNBsg43cdTc[/url]

Posted · Report post

Los Angeles is the boogeyman the NFL uses to scare local government into subsidizing its monopoly.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Bwood' timestamp='1359477661' post='2118135']
[/quote]

Anyway, L.A. is starting to turn out as the little slut that all the franchises name drop whenever they want to extort their home city.

All these owners have to do is mention running to LA and the city leaders will do whatever is asked of them.

Posted · Report post

Hahaha

Posted · Report post

[quote name='rayzor' timestamp='1359472579' post='2118028']
looking at blanks ties to georgia...oh, there are none.

he's got them by the balls.

while i' m happy that he's wanting to get them playing outside and agree that it should be played outside, i wonder if he realizes how much that team benefits from playing half its games in the dome. it's louder and their team gets to play over half its games on a faster surface and protected from the elements. incredibly dumb to move away from those advantages.
[/quote]domes are a double edged sword, they make it easier to get into the playoffs, but unless you have home field throughout it also works against you.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Zod' timestamp='1359478398' post='2118153']
Los Angeles is the boogeyman the NFL uses to scare local government into subsidizing its monopoly.
[/quote]

yup. LA isn't a very good sports town but for some reason whenever the name is mentioned fans & city officials palms get sweaty.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Goodell is behind all of this.

"You guys having a little domestic trouble, eh? just mention u talked to someone in LA. Thank me later."

Posted · Report post

Honestly, one good thing about the Falcons moving to LA is the huddle would lose BWood.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I can't say I would be all that excited to see them move. It's great to watch their epic failures year in and year out.