Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

and Los Angeles gets....the falcons? maybe....

38 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Bwood' timestamp='1359477661' post='2118135']
Waiting for my name to come up.
[/quote]
Bwood is more retarded than an outdoor New York Superbowl. There you go.

Posted · Report post

Hahaha

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Zod' timestamp='1359478398' post='2118153']
Los Angeles is the boogeyman the NFL uses to scare local government into subsidizing its monopoly.
[/quote]

This right here is a great point

Posted · Report post

[quote name='ButWhysTheRumGone' timestamp='1359477544' post='2118130']
I could actually debate on whether or not to be a Braves fan. I will not root for any Atlanta team as long as the Falcons are there.
[/quote]

I agree. I root for everything in Tampa, Atlanta, and New Orleans to fail. Not just sports, everything.

Posted · Report post

LOL at Mike Turner's fat ass playing outside in GA heat.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='rayzor' timestamp='1359472579' post='2118028']
looking at blanks ties to georgia...oh, there are none.

he's got them by the balls.
[/quote]

If by that you mean the politicians, that's likely.

PUBLIC sentiment with regard to using tax dollars to build a billionaires playground is highly against it. And (again regarding public sentiment) I don't think any extortion attempt is likely to produce a favorable sentiment able to change that.

Now if they were talking about moving the Bulldogs? Or the Tigers? Or the Tide? Or the Gamecocks? Or the Vols? Etc? You might see REVOLUTION in the streets! :lol:

P.S. Arthur Blank is a greasy, effete, prep-school weasel.

Posted · Report post

I only hope so

Posted · Report post

As much as I hate the falcons, it's not going to happen. I read an article just the other week (I wish the h3ll I could remember the magazine's name) that the Spano (family/owners of the Chargers) has some kind of "double secret " deal to move the Bolts to LA, since Quaalcom Stadium is a dump, and the Chargers need crazy money to build a new one, and the NFL wants a team in LA of course but looks at San Diego as being the best option due to it being the nearest team and would not lose that much of it's fan base. Something else was predicted in that vein, is they will be called the California Chargers....but really...who knows?

Posted · Report post

I despise to see teams and politicians using the pro teams as blackmail for taxpayer revenue. Fabulously wealthy team owners and players just can't seem to make ends meet without a handout on the backs of the fans and citizens that couldn't care less. Call the bluff and tell them to get the fug out.

Posted · Report post

So... would that push ATL into the NFC West and maybe a St. Louis into the NFC South?

Posted · Report post

This is why LA still doesn't have a team. Owners have realized it is the best leverage they could come up with to hold these cities hostage. So they love dangling LA out there.

Posted · Report post

[img]http://media.hometeamsonline.com/photos/football/LAFALCONS/JoinAsSponsor.png[/img]