Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Time Travel: What to take

41 posts in this topic

Posted

Stolen from here:

http://www.shamusyou...dedtale/?p=3342

You’re about to go back in time. You’re going to land somewhere in Europe during the High Middle Ages, in the range of 1000AD to 1300AD. You’re standing in your house. This trip will take you and about a loaded suitcase worth of volume. If you attempt to take more you won’t be able to predict what will be left behind. What do you take with you?

You’re going for good. This is a one-way trip. You don’t know exactly where or when you will land within the given window, or what time of year it will be. (Let’s assume you can be confident that you’ll land on solid ground, though. Don’t worry about appearing over the ocean. inside of rock, or 100 meters off the ground. You’ll arrive safely. After that it’s up to you.)

Don’t worry about changing history. It’s inevitable, so don’t go in trying to preserve the original timeline.

So… what items will you put in your suitcase before you go? What’s the plan when you get there?

Posted

Can I get vaccinations before I go ?

Posted

ABX.

Posted

A sports almanac.

Posted

towel?

Posted

I'd just take a suitcase full of weapons. Very good chance of people getting spooked and trying to kill someone who doesn't speak their language and looks way different. You'll be a lot bigger than most people first of all, and considering what you will bring is far more advanced than what they have, they will be so afraid of you that people will treat you like a god and you'll be on easy street. Until someone assassinates you and there's the end of that story.

Posted

Kuechly Jersey

Posted

Why are hypothetical time travel situations always europe? Why can it never be 16th century Uganda?

Posted

Why are hypothetical time travel situations always europe? Why can it never be 16th century Uganda?

White people want to go back in time where there are other white people. Pretty self explanatory.

Posted

History Book {they would think I was a wizard}

Cook Book {dont want to eat their horrible food}

MP3

Guns

Funyuns

Kool-Aid

Nike Airs

Condoms {don't want no medieval STD}

Posted

Anything that would help me setup my kingdom... a book of simple magic tricks would be helpful. As much medicine as I could carry and a couple of modern weapons with enough ammo to last a while. Some fire starting equipment and some spices and pretty cloth to trade for food.

Posted

Salt, pepper, gold, and guns.