Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joe Flacco "Cold Weather Superbowl is Retarded"

60 posts in this topic

Posted

I think the Superbowl needs to get onto some sort of rotation that could involve every NFL Team. 10 times in New Orleans and zero times in far too many cities is all a bunch of crap in my opinion. I realize the yuppity yups that don't know a damn thing about the game and probably can't name more than three players on each team don't want to sit in the cold, snow or rain, but screw them. It's a fall and winter sport...the elements are part of the game.

and ya, I know all about the hotel room rule too...but there's always ways around that and tell me of an NFL city that doesn't have more hotels within a reasonable distance??

Posted

Definitely not the most PC way to say it, but I agree with his sentiments. I think the Super Bowl should be viewed as a reward for the players and fans, and should be played in nicer climates where fans can vacation and enjoy everything. Who the hell wants to go to New Jersey in February?

Anyone who want to watch their team in the Super Bowl.

Bunch of warm-weather-lovin ninnies in this thread.

Posted

isn't that what the probowl is for?

No it isn't.

How many players from SB teams play in the pro bowl?

How many fans of SB teams go to the pro bowl? As a matter of fact, they were talking about how many fans DIDN'T go to the pro bowl....

The pro bowl is irrelevant.

Posted

I personally think weather shouldn't be a factor in the Superbowl. We get plenty of good weather games in the playoffs leading up to the game and I would rather just see a normal match up between the two teams.

Posted

Who the hell wants to go to New Jersey ever?

fixed

Posted

More championship games should be played in the weather.

Posted

Bunch of warm-weather-lovin ninnies in this thread.

You got me. When I'm outdoors at a sporting event, I'd rather be in nice weather than crappy weather. I'm just crazy like that.

1 person likes this

Posted

the NFL couldn't give two shits about the fans and their opinion of the SuperBowl.

preseason and weeks 1 - 17, Wild Card Weekend, Divisional Weekend and even Conference Championship weekend is for you the fan

Superbowl weekend is all about the corporations

Posted

The Pro Bowl should definitely be played only in cold weather areas. Since they're not going to play football anyway we could at least see an awesome display of large men standing around in the snow.

The incessant whining about cold weather and dampness in the media would also add to the entertainment.

Posted

He should have just said that watching a game played in a dome or warm weather climate is far more exciting than watching teams struggle to score because it's snowing and you can barely see the field.

Well this might and could be true .... one of the best and greatest football game of all time that I ever watched was the AFC Championship game between New England and Oakland when they played in a snowstorm.

Posted

the NFL couldn't give two shits about the fans and their opinion of the SuperBowl.

preseason and weeks 1 - 17, Wild Card Weekend, Divisional Weekend and even Conference Championship weekend is for you the fan

Superbowl weekend is all about the corporations

And the corporation ceo's don't like being in the cold either. :)

Fwiw, its also about the tv ratings.

Posted

yup...but the tv ratings are independant of where the game is played