Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Florio criticizes Gettleman hire, calls it "dog and pony show"

76 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='I Registered To Post This' timestamp='1359502556' post='2118517']
the millions of stupid ass comments left on every article he publishes are infinitely worse than anything he has to say. dare i say they've even worse than the comments you see on pat's NFC south blog.
[/quote]

I find it as comic relief

Posted · Report post

you know i'm going to give theismann a pass since he's a former pro quarterback and just assume that he downed a bottle of burnett's from a paper bag before he started talking about how a west coast dink and dunker like griffin "throws the ball better" than a coryell gunslinger like newton.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[b]When Florio implyed that Gettleman was a bad hire that only futhers the case that he was a great hire. :)[/b]
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Gabeking' timestamp='1359502634' post='2118519']
This isn't thread worthy so ill just post it here for my own personal satisfaction, but mainly for the theismann lulz

[img]http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m340/Gabeking55/28928AAD-A96E-4C30-A98D-CF36ACC29120-6056-0000030B576D7352.jpg[/img]

I love how he is lingering on the first half of cam's season like all of his critics and isn't willing to mention how much he actually matured in the last half(not saying he doesn't have more room to grow, obviously)... Another guy who is just digging out the negatives and ignoring the positives
[/quote]

washed up former players + twitter = dumbass comments

Posted · Report post

[quote name='dpanther69' timestamp='1359503085' post='2118528']

[/quote]

Still funny tho

Posted · Report post

I use to read his site a lot. I realize he says whatever he feels will get him closer to working for NBC fulltime and eventually get more tv time.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='dpanther69' timestamp='1359503085' post='2118528']
[/quote]

Theisman is full of ish but he knows the Bama folks will take whatever he says about Cam and run with it. SMDH

Is a grown man talking about his inability to go to the bathroom a sign of a leader? See how easy it is to do what Theisman doing.

You Panthers fans seem to enjoy having the media make up all kinds of ish about your QB and act like they know what they fug they're talking about. You're making it easy for them to turn Cam into Vince Young 2.0 because they're still upset that he got drafted before theirn chosen boy Blane Gabbert.

Posted · Report post

I don't give a damn if Accorsi and Gettleman were BFFs, if JR took a better liking to Ross or Jimmy Popp, they would have the job right now.
It was apparent at Gettleman's press conference that he's a personable guy that interviews well.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='csx' timestamp='1359496588' post='2118421']

or if they don't draft this years combine workout wonder
[/quote]

When have we ever drafted a "workout warrior"? Your statement makes no sense

Posted · Report post

Joe T. wishes he had half the skill and talent Cam has. He has always been a me first guy that craves the spotlight.

Joe, just stick with selling stuff that makes old men pee better.

Posted · Report post

If anyone knows about lack of leadership, it is Joe Theisman.

He is a narcisstic prick, and that is his best quality.

Joe Gibbs had no love for him, nor did his teammates, nor did the fans...I remember the guys in my office replaying the video of him getting his leg broke over and over and over again. It was sickening.

The way he treated his family, well, that's a whole other issue.

If Newton continues to grow, and that 'if' is on Cam and no one else, he will far exceed his competition. If he let's his ego write checks his ability and team can't cash that's a different story.

I'm willing to bet however, that Newton will be in record books long after Theisman who changed his name to rhyme with Heisman, is forgotten...and it can't come soon enough.

As for Florio, everyone's a critic. I'll take a guy's opinion who has been around 6 Super Bowl teams than some wanna be sports writer.

Posted · Report post

theismann is no norman einstein, that's for sure.