55 replies to this topic

#16 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,152 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:54 AM

Are you in a gang in Chicago?

Something like 90% of the murders are gang related. Is everyone in Chicago in a gang?

are those 500 murders breaking into houses and murdering wives and children in their sleep? What % are those?

What is their non gang murder rate vs the rest of the US?

Gangs can be cleaned up over time as there is proof of it all over.

#17 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:47 AM

So the average citizen doesn't need to protect themselves/ family from those gangs?

I would say its a very high percentage of those murders were committed by gangs breaking into houses. Wish I could find something about that.

So Panthro....what does "shall not be infringed" mean to you?

#18 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,152 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

So the average citizen doesn't need to protect themselves/ family from those gangs?

I would say its a very high percentage of those murders were committed by gangs breaking into houses. Wish I could find something about that.

So Panthro....what does "shall not be infringed" mean to you?

You couldn't be more worng

#19 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,687 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

So Panthro...was this girl a gang member?

http://chicago.cbslo...ghborhood-park/

CHICAGO (CBS) – A teenage girl–an honor student who had just performed at President Obama’s inaugural–was gunned down Tuesday afternoon in the Kenwood neighborhood, just blocks from the high school she attended.
CBS 2’s Mike Parker reports the victim, 15-year-old Hadiya Pendleton, was taking shelter from the rain with a group of 10 to 12 teenagers under a canopy in Vivian Gordon Harsh Park on the 4500 block of South Oakenwald Avenue around 2:30 p.m., when someone jumped a fence, ran up to them, and opened fire.

Maybe Chicago needs to get super tougher.

#20 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

Chicago fetish alert

#21 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,687 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

Could've been DC.

#22 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,152 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

So Panthro...was this girl a gang member?

http://chicago.cbslo...ghborhood-park/

Maybe Chicago needs to get super tougher.

Sounds like a war zone.

Maybe if she had an AR15 she'd still be alive

Oh wait

“We hardly … have any crime. There’s been a few break-ins over the past two years since we’ve been here, but nothing that’s ever caused alarm,” she said.

#23 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,687 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

Why don't you compare Chicago to an active warzone with regard to deaths/woundings since you're the one calling it that.

#24 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,152 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

Chicago has 1% of the US population

14,500 murders in the US of which 12,000 are non gang related

In Chicago that is 100 murders or <1% of the murders in the US

The non gang affiliated murder rate of Chicago,1%, is equal to its % of the population.

Chicago is as dangerous a place as anywhere in America for non gang members

#25 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,631 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

Even with the severe handicap of including the city of Chicago, the state of Illinois ranks lower in the percentage of deaths by firearms than North Carolina. http://www.stateheal...p?ind=113&cat=2 Gun control, is only part of an overall approach to reducing firearm deaths, but there is ample evidence, even after the concerted efforts of the gun lobby to suppress research, that easy access to firearms significantly increases the chance of dying from a gunshot wound. http://jama.jamanetw...ticleid=1487470

#26 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,631 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

A fairer comparison would be to compare gun deaths in different places at the same time. States are laboratories for democracy, culture, and social policy. For example, my home state of New Jersey is #49 out of 50 in per-capita gun ownership. Only Hawaii is lower. And we are ranked #47 out of 50 in the rate of gun death. (These are good things – I am not enthusiastic at the thought of the cast of Jersey Shore packing heat.)
Based on statistics on gun ownership and deaths, the overall tendency is clear:

Posted Image

The three states with the highest rate of gun ownership (MT, AK, WY) have a gun death rate of 17.8 per 100,000, over 4 times that of the three lowest-ownership states (HI, NJ, MA; 4.0 gun deaths per 100,000). The relationship is a near-perfect linear proportion: on average, as G goes up, D goes up (r=+0.63). These data suggest that whether or not our society finds it desirable, gun safety/control is a plausible means of reducing gun deaths. http://election.prin...cans-gun-error/

#27 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,003 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

dat graph!

#28 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

Mass murder sprees in this country via highly efficient firearms will continue unchecked until society finally reaches the point where the status quo becomes unacceptable. The NRA/firearm industry lobbyists are using the same playbook as the tobacco industry lobbyists used for decades, trying to undermine truth with pseudoscience and outright lies. Back in the day, millions of addicted smokers advocated for their unalienable right as Americans to endanger family members, coworkers and innocent bystanders with clouds of cancer causing smoke. At first the idea of regulating smokers seemed to be a ridiculous pipe dream of a few extremists, but with education and time, Americans came to favor it. Firearm and ammo sales/usage will undoubtedly be more strictly regulated (not banned) once Americans are better informed and realize a change is needed. It is simply a matter of time.

ugh...

That sounds like some huffington post bullshit.

It has less to do with 'the NRA and firearms lobby' than it does with people who are not brainwashed by media, and realize that a government that they no longer trust is trying to disarm the public.

The Constitution is nothing more than a piece of paper without the 2nd amendment which protects it. The Constitution was written 'specifically' to protect us from our own government, and for that reason alone.

By the way, I have never read an NRA publication in my life, but instead I have an understanding of what our founders intended for us, and that was a government by and for the people. The rich elite (the people that the 'left' are supposed to be fighting against) are the people behind the disarmament movement, and you guys are diving in head first...

They dont want to give you some kind of (impossible) gun-free utopia world that we all want... they just want to be the only people that are allowed to have them so that they can oppress everyone else with them.

#29 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,631 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

ugh...

It has less to do with 'the NRA and firearms lobby' than it does with people who are not brainwashed by media, and realize that a government that they no longer trust is trying to disarm the public.

The Constitution is nothing more than a piece of paper without the 2nd amendment which protects it. The Constitution was written 'specifically' to protect us from our own government, and for that reason alone.

By the way, I have never read an NRA publication in my life, but instead I have an understanding of what our founders intended for us, and that was a government by and for the people. The rich elite (the people that the 'left' are supposed to be fighting against) are the people behind the disarmament movement, and you guys are diving in head first...

They dont want to give you some kind of (impossible) gun-free utopia world that we all want... they just want to be the only people that are allowed to have them so that they can oppress everyone else with them.

I am not as nearly concerned about an highly unlikely scenario that encourages paranoid behavior and conveniently serves the gun lobby's primary goal of increasing firearm/ammo sales. To put this in perspective, 9/11, Iraq and Afghanistan combined, resulted in about 10,000 American deaths. During that same 10-year period, according to government data, gun homicides alone resulted in more than 110,000 American deaths. Where should this country's primary focus combating violence be, overseas or at home? It seems to me some of the most successful brainwashing is being perpetrated by the gun lobby on those Americans who think they are statistically safer with a firearm in their home. I support the second amendment. What I don't support is the interpretation that there can be no regulation of that amendment.

#30 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,631 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

ugh...

Thanks! :cool:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com