Photo
- - - - -

In Panthers Official News Feeds Being an Omen of Future Moves News...

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,977 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

Who cares about the title...

This was just on my facebook feed from the Panthers official page:

Carolina Panthers

How would you caption this photo of Captain?

Posted Image

We've all seen before how rarely, if ever, does anything come out of our organization without some purpose or greater implication behind it. It doesn't matter if it's an article, a poll, a picture, or whatever... We saw it with the Hurney situation and then when Rivera was retained... All of the articles and forms of media coming out of there pointed to what was the ultimate outcome.

Then, with guys like Deangelo, where you can tell he was being dangled out there, they stay mum for the most part.

So, now, we have them posting this pic of Captain and asking fans to caption it. Do you think they'd be doing this for a guy that's getting ready to walk? I think you know the answer... And I agree, this thread sucks donkey balls. Enjoy.

#2 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,789 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

Charles Johnson just blew a giant fart on him.

#3 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,524 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

the Panthers facebook newsfeed is one of the corniest, silliest outlets every. They simply posted that pic to try to get a bunch of rednecks to choke up their chewing tobacco and teenage boys to come up with un-original captions.

#4 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,498 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

Wondering who the other guy is.

I know it's not Chudzinski because he was always in the booth.

#5 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,977 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

the Panthers facebook newsfeed is one of the corniest, silliest outlets every. They simply posted that pic to try to get a bunch of rednecks to choke up their chewing tobacco and teenage boys to come up with un-original captions.

I agree, but as I said, all of their posts via FB, Twitter, or Panthers.com, usually act as a signal of sorts towards pending decisions on personnel/staff.

#6 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,498 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:41 AM

To be fair, twenty-nine other teams are also trying to think of things to talk about to help take fan minds off the fact that they aren't in the Super Bowl.

Can't complain too much.

#7 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,598 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:42 AM

Remember they had Geoff Schwartz on panthers talk a couple seasons ago during his FA year. I took it as an omen that we would resign him, didn't happen, sometimes people just overthink things

#8 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,854 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:45 AM

Captain has some guns.

#9 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,495 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:47 AM

Wondering who the other guy is.

I know it's not Chudzinski because he was always in the booth.

Kinda looks like Ryan Vermillion, but it's hard to tell from behind.

#10 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,959 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:46 AM

As much as guys hated him as a starter in 2011 the equal amount should be wanting him to stay as a nickle-back as teams are always trying to find that guy.

Captain said he never played Nickle back extensively before this season and really grasped it at the end of the year learning the nuances of the extended route tree the slot guy has. Nickle is not really a no.3 cb as much as it does take a different skill set to play that position well. In the NFC south with you face Lance Moore who is a premier slot receiver, Harry Douglas who is above average and improving tremendously, Tampa not so much..in 2012 we face potentially Wes Welker as we play New England.

El Capi-tan is an essential piece to the Panther's secondary success who market value will shock and if we resign him will get some flack for the contract. I love that in the same interview with the "Mac Attack" he also said that him and Thomas Davis would have been sick if Atlanta made it to the Super Bowl bc they HATE them.. We need that Captain-fire!

#11 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,615 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:10 AM

Captain was probably our best player in the secondary in 2012.

#12 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,635 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

it's not a bad thing that he stays.

#13 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,042 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:20 AM

That or it's the offseason and they're using funny pictures to help keep fans engaged?

#14 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,438 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:02 AM

I mean...understandably so they aren't blasting the fans with pictures of Deangelo because there's a good chance he isn't a Panther next year.

#15 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,289 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

Captain is a good ST's player and a good Nickel, there is no reason to get rid of him.

I don't want him starting at #1 or 2 though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com