40 replies to this topic

#11 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationRichardson's toilet
HUDDLER

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:50 AM

I just remember the vibe around Charlotte in general. There was support everywhere. I remember driving by the stadium a week before the game and there were people having their picture taken with all the statues. I miss that vibe around the city the most.

#12 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:02 AM

It was such a long time ago that it doesn't even matter to me anymore.

yep. pretty much ancient history at this point.

#13 KissMyConverse

KissMyConverse

ShoGun of Harlem

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationSacramento
HUDDLER

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:06 AM

I think I watched every special that week and every pre game show that day....
But the two things that stick out in my head and who knows why were I think it was Letterman made a joke about bringing a Die Hard Panther's fan up on stage and no one showed up so John Boy and Billy bought a Billboard across the street from his studio that said something to the effect of GO PANTHERS!
And Nelly (Whom I hate) being asked who would win the game and his response was... "Ker-er-lina"
Random but that's what I remember pre-game. I also remember being in college at UNCW and the very next morning getting out of the car and some D-bag got out of his truck with a Pat's jersey on.... I yelled at him the whole way across the parking lot.

#14 catfang

catfang

HUDDLER

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:22 AM

...the anticipation you felt leading up to Super Bowl XXXVIII?

I remember feeling like a kid the week before Christmas. Day couldn't get here fast enough.

I just remember the vibe around Charlotte in general. There was support everywhere. I remember driving by the stadium a week before the game and there were people having their picture taken with all the statues. I miss that vibe around the city the most.

I had just moved back to Charlotte (grew up here) and I was really happy about that, so for me the anticipation of the game was double on top of that. I went to rallies downtown, at bars, there was Panthers stuff all over the city. It was great. Damn, now I'm sad.

#15 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

SUPPORTER

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:28 AM

Yeah, I remember the energy in Charlotte surrounding the Panthers at the time, miss those days.

I watched every minute of SB week coverage like a junkie, thought about what an incredible party it would be in this town when we won.

Forgot about the Letterman thing, what a d-bag.

#16 CLEARHOT

CLEARHOT

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationSomewhere In NC
HUDDLER

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:46 AM

I still get sick to my stomach when I think about Venetari jogging on to field to win it for NE. I guess the only thing that will wash it away will be Cam wearing a "Carolina Panthers NFL Champions" hat while holding the Lombardi

#17 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

MFCEO

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

these threads are depressing.

#18 CLEARHOT

CLEARHOT

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationSomewhere In NC
HUDDLER

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:59 AM

these threads are depressing.

It's okay Zod...the playoffs next season will be the "Prozac" we all need!

#19 Hawk

Hawk

Banned

Moderators

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

true!

I remember...different Super Bowl obviously, but yes...like a kid on Christmas morning.

and sorry, no offence, but I too remember the NFC Conference Championship game much better and like to watch that from time to time

#20 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• LocationSpartanburg, SC
HUDDLER

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:35 AM

I can remember watching that Eagles championship game on TV and not being able to sit down at all ... pacing back and forth, nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. When we won, I was elated and stunned and couldn't stop saying, "We're going to the Super Bowl! We're going to the Super Bowl! Oh, my god, we're going to the Super Bowl!"

I immediately started making plans for the most awesome Super Bowl party ever at my house, because I just knew I couldn't afford to go to the Super Bowl, especially with ticket prices what they would be. But before the next morning, I had decided come hell or high water, I was going. We were lucky enough to get face-value tickets ($800 each) and booked our travel with Broach Sports Tours, and we were on our way.

It was a great experience - of course, bringing home a win would have been much better, but it was the best time we could have had without bringing home that win.

Don't know if I would be physically able, but I definitely would try to make it to the game the next time we're there ... and I believe it will be sooner rather than later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users