Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tillis: No State money for Panthers stadium

58 posts in this topic

Posted

Whatever, I hope you NC guys have to fork up the money to keep the Panthers.

....because I will likely have to fork up money to pay for the stinking falcons!

Posted

if JR moves the team b/c he doesn't get free money off the backs and hard work from taxpayers i say fug him and his team. Don't get me wrong I love the Panthers but something about his actions and holding LA over our heads rubs me the wrong way. If they do leave I definitely wont be a fan of the NFL until we get another team (hopefully with a MUCH better owner that is dedicated to winning and doesn't seek handouts for his BILLION dollar business). I mean why does he think his mediocre team with it's sh!tty winning percentage (4 playoff appearances in 15 seasons) deserves anything in the first place?

If we lose the Panthers we won't get another team.

Posted

Don't know how, but somehow this is Obama's fault.

Posted

I think this is nothing more than posturing... read this part again:

“We would not be appropriating money to go directly into the stadium up-fit,” said Tillis, a Cornelius Republican. “But I’ve also spoken with the various elected officials at the local level to consider options that they were talking about in terms of local revenue. We will continue those discussions.”

In other words, the state will somehow filter the money JR wants through the local govt. here in CLT. The 1% tax increase on food and beverages will be approved by the state and it's already been noted that this will generate much more than the 125 million the Panthers are asking CLT for... so they'll get their additional 62 million this way and Tillis can keep his nose clean.

Posted

I would love Charlotte to tax the fug out every inbred from the "upstate" who does anything in Charlotte. Keep your Lumina with no exhaust in the trailer park where it belongs.

One thing about the proposed food&bev tax uptown is its going to keep the hayseeds from Fort Mill, Rock Hill and even Gastonia and Concord out of our city because they can't afford the extra .02 at Hooters.

Personally, I don't mind paying a little. Better to tax a personel choice than your land.

You should move to NY and become roommates with Brooklyn Bully, that way you guys can have gay sex with Deliverance playing on the big-screen, in the background, every night.

Posted

State tax money, no. Local tax money, you bet. I think that's the meat and potatoes of what he was saying and to that I agree.

Posted

Why cant Jerry spend his own money to upgrade his business, is it against the law?

Because no owner in the NFL ever does that....

Posted

If JR moves because he doesnt get free money, fug him. Charlotte would be first in line to get a new team..

Posted

I agree that no state fund should go to the team but does this one guy get to make that decision?

Yea, fug that staduim that has sold out every game over 10 years. fug that stadium that brings in so much commerce and property value.

Posted

Why isn't SC being asked for cash? They aren't part of the Carolinas' or something? Don't give me that crap about the Team being located in Charlotte and it being NC.

Posted

The midnight moving trucks (remember Cleveland) across the border to Clemson, SC until South Carolina builds the stadium.

Posted

This is why LA is more valuable to the NFL without a team than it would ever be with a team.

I see some people think the Panthers would actually move. Trolololol