#16 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,062 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

This is really a non-issue. Richardson didn't ask NC for the lions share of the money. He asked Charlotte to raise sales taxes on hotels and food to pay for it. Just like most politicians looking for publicity and the limelight, he is jumping in to show he isn't going to give money away just as he prepares to gut entitlement programs. That way people can't say you cut medical care to millions of children while you gave millions to the Panthers. This way he can say he is not giving money to anybody. So he is cutting off the conversation before it gets started. Plus being from Mechlenburg he doesn't want to seem as if he is going to push it as some kind of pork barrel. Wouldn't surprise if while he says no, he is having someone else do his dirty work to get the money which he will publicly oppose but agree to if everyone else wants to do it,

#17 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,754 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

It sucks that I'll lose my PSL money when they move. Not that I bought them as an investment, they were a cost of doing business.

#18 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,754 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

This is really a non-issue. Richardson didn't ask NC for money. He asked Charlotte to raise sales taxes on hotels and food to pay for it. Just like most politicians looking for publicity and the limelight, he is jumping in to show he isn't going to give money away just as he prepares to gut entitlement programs. That way people can't say you cut medical care to millions of children while you gave millions to the Panthers. This way he can say he is not giving money to anybody. So he is cutting off the conversation before it gets started.

It was reported that JR met with him on Monday, no?

#19 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 17,062 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

It was reported that JR met with him on Monday, no?

Since he is from Charlotte I figure that makes sense. I am sure JR would take money from the state but I don't think he plans to move if he doesn't get it. Since the majority of the economic benefit goes to Charlotte, I suspect they should pay the lionshares locally.

As for PSLs, yeah it will suck if they move and we are left holding the bag. I hope they don't plan on still using BOA for other events. I have some chairs that I have sat in for years, those puppies are going home with me if they leave.

#20 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,395 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

This is really a non-issue. Richardson didn't ask NC for money. He asked Charlotte to raise sales taxes on hotels and food to pay for it. Just like most politicians looking for publicity and the limelight, he is jumping in to show he isn't going to give money away just as he prepares to gut entitlement programs. That way people can't say you cut medical care to millions of children while you gave millions to the Panthers. This way he can say he is not giving money to anybody. So he is cutting off the conversation before it gets started. Plus being from Mechlenburg he doesn't want to seem as if he is going to push it as some kind of pork barrel. Wouldn't surprise if while he says no, he is having someone else do his dirty work to get the money which he will publically oppose but agree to if everyone else wants to do it,

Richardson met with the Gov and this Tillis guy about 62 million in state funds.

http://www.news-reco...state-funds-for

#21 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 16,018 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

I agree that no state fund should go to the team but does this one guy get to make that decision?

Effectively yes. Tillis is the Speaker of the House and the speaker assigns committees and directs bills to those committees and the committees never even have to take up those bills if they choose not to.

Even if a bill makes it through committee the speaker can just ignore it and never bring it to the floor for a vote.

I worked at the NCGA for 4 years and most of the bills that are filed are never even heard or voted on in committee.

#22 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

Sell it, Jerry

• HUDDLER
  • 9,471 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

Sounds more like a 'Raleigh is jealous of Charlotte' sort of thing. ;)

#23 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 16,018 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

Oh yeah. And one more thing, Speaker Tillis fired me so fug him. :P

#24 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

People that seriously believe the Panthers will move and leave the Carolinas are complete fools. Don't be so fuging stupid people. God

#25 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 17,062 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

Richardson met with the Gov and this Tillis guy about 62 million in state funds.

http://www.news-reco...state-funds-for

Thanks for the update. I still think that it is a non-issue in that the Panthers are not going to move to LA over 62 million when their franchise is worth a billion and is very financially stable. Like I said earlier, this issue is more about not giving sports millions when he plans to go after support programs and basic services through entitlement cuts.

#26 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 17,062 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

double post

#27 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,427 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

Doubling up the tax payers of Mecklenburg and tripling up the PSL owners is a little much. Better have a retractable roof so I can tolerate fan fests 400 degree temps.

#28 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,535 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

SInce Tillis is the representative for Mecklenberg county, many of you can choose to vote him out of office during the next election, if you don't like his stance on the issue.

#29 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,427 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

Would you be willing to fund a Carolina Hurricane stadium with State funds?! I would not. Outside the neighboring counties why would they?

#30 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,487 posts
  • Location704

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

Why would they? Most of the folks in the state aren't panther fans. Every uneducated hick infested town is jealous that we have more Wendy's than they have traffic lights. Why give a beautiful city like Charlotte something they want? Putting an extra elevator in a BOA stadium isn't going to help Billy Bob get out of the mill. It's not going to help Amber pay for her 4 kids out if wedlock and her iPhone.

Now, if the steelers/cowboys/redskins needed money.....I'm sure those inbreds in Maiden, Concord, Statesville, Kinston, or Durham would be more than happy to empty out the $16 in their savings account to help the "home team"

Why would they? Most of the folks in the state aren't panther fans. Every uneducated hick infested town is jealous that we have more Wendy's than they have traffic lights. Why give a beautiful city like Charlotte something they want? Putting an an extra elevator in a BOA stadium isn't going to help Billy Bob get out of the mill. It's not going to help Amber pay for her 4 kids out if wedlock and her iPhone.

Now, if the steelers/cowboys/redskins needed money.....I'm sure those inbreds in Maiden, Concord, Statesville, or Durham would be more than happy to empty out the $16 in their savings account to help the "home team"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com