Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darth Biscuit

Speaking of tipping...

262 posts in this topic

Speaking of tipping. Anyone have that d-bag friend that over tips no matter what? You know the one that tries to make you feel bad when you simply give a fair tip? This guy will tip $3 for a cup of coffee at waffle house.

I always tip whats fair and if it's great service I throw in extra money. But if it's subpar don't expect any favors.

i generally tip 50-100% on anything under 5 bucks

2 people like this

settle down samantha...I wasn't attacking or questioning you. When you said mid level marketing I was surprised at a salary of 120k...that is all.

So you posted about making 120k at your old job and made it sound like it was your current mid level marketing job. It's your fault for not making any sense...I'd work on the communication part of your job description if you want to hit those incentives.

Why would I be jealous? Do you get jealous of people that make more than you?

Touche for once.

My old job had ridiculously long hours and the money wasn't guaranteed, as for my new job I am a regional HR director of communications and marketing for at&t, I oversee operations very little hands on.

i generally tip 50-100% on anything under 5 bucks

As someone who as recently as four years ago worked in the bar industry myself I have the same tipping standard.

Touche for once.

My old job had ridiculously long hours and the money wasn't guaranteed, as for my new job I am a regional HR director of communications and marketing for at&t, I oversee operations very little hands on.

I've thought about leaving my industry for another as I'm growing bored.

Interesting

I've thought about leaving my industry for another as I'm growing bored.

Interesting

I finished a masters in personnel communications and marketing and with my experience managed to land the job, can't complain more time with the fiance.

One local dad got a pretty unpleasant Father's Day surprise when he paid his bill at Friendly's Restaurant & Pub (3503 Roger Place; 314-771-2040) on Sunday afternoon.

Joe Gibson told the Post-Dispatch that he spent the day with his four-year-old son at the Missouri Botanical Garden before grabbing a late lunch at Friendly's.

Everything was fine until the bill arrived, bearing a message about Gibson's kid in very unfriendly, adult terms.

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/gutcheck/2013/06/fugin_needy_kids_receipt_friendlys.php

Wonder if he left a tip

Friendlys_receipt.jpg

it's a bar and grill, dunno, depends on the place how bad that is.

o-TONI-CHRISTINA-JENKINS-RACIST-RECEIPT-

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/09/12/red-lobster-suspends-waitress-who-received-none-nr-as-a-tip/

Red Lobster might really be in trouble this time. We just reported on how a waitress, Tori Christina Jenkins, received ‘None, N****r’ instead of a tip this past weekend from racist customers at the Franklin, TN Red Lobster where she works. Now, instead of standing behind Jenkins, Red Lobster has suspended her, citing a violation of company policy as the reason.

what is wrong with people

3 people like this

Horrible logic. One's 10% of his income the other is a percentage of his meal. 

I hate tipping at the bar. The guy poors me a fuging shot and I'm suppose to pay him $1.00+ for that. I always do but I feel like I'm being duped by social pressures.  Wtf!

edit: now if i got a mixed drink or something else that's cool but a straight shot should be a smaller tip.

1 person likes this