Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speaking of tipping...

262 posts in this topic

Posted

Well now I have another reason to not go to Applebee's

The food is reason enough. The last time I went there (several years ago) I got a steak and it looked like it was made out of rubber.

Posted

Do you choose to be a bad tipper when you eat at Applebee's? Red Lobster?

ok... lets be serious here... nobody actually eats at applebees.

Aaaaaaaannnnndddd.......it was actually Applebee's

:lol:

Posted

Sooo... it was a lapse in judgement... and out of character... but she called Applebees and complained and the waitress got fired.

Good on this Pastor for feeling bad enough about it to get the girl fired. :(

Self rightous *****

Posted

Pastor was apparently a female. Stop saying "this guy."

That said, color me unsurprised by the mentality that caused her to not want to tip, and leave a snarky comment. It's the same mentality that allows her to believe that there is some holy force out there that will ultimately save her from herself.

Posted

Self rightous *****

Man, don't call me names...

Posted

Maybe the pastor should have realized what her actions would look like in the view of a wider audience instead of the one or two people she assumed it would go to...

Also, the waitress who was fired should have used Paint or something to make the signature unreadable... Her bad on that...

Posted

For what it is worth Applebee's had to fire her.

Posted

For what it is worth Applebee's had to fire her.

Yeah, I'm sure they have corporate policies about such... still, it's on this "pastor" for calling and making a bigger deal about it. What good was it gonna do? She's the one that was the asshole.

Posted

What exactly are you insinuating here, HP? She participated in an occupy protest, what's your angle?

Posted

What exactly are you insinuating here, HP? She participated in an occupy protest, what's your angle?

That was just the picture I found.

But now we know she is a smelly dirty hippie.

Posted

What kind of fuged up logic is this?

I was a youth ski instructor for 12 years. My lessons were 6.5 hours long and included lunch. Of those 6.5hours we were on the snow for at least 5.5 hours. I've never had a more physically demanding job than teaching children (I'm talking as young as 4) how to ski in groups.

Take 28 four year olds, because the retards in registration didn't cut off signups and overbooked, on a ski mountain by your self and get stiffed by half of them and then come back to me.

I've also worked as a river guide for three summers so I know the comparison.

You should feel bad for someone who gets shafted out of their lively hood, especially if they are doing their job with some modicum of competency. I've also worked as a server and bar tender, off and on, for the better part of a decade. It's no fuging cake walk.

Your statement is about on par with having been in a car wreck, then when seeing another car wreck happen, you just drive on by because, well, "mine was worse".

I've worked 7 seasons in the last 5 years as a river guide, guided in Australia and Brazil for 2 of those.

My point was you don't see me running to the internet to voice my displeasure with a group after I spent an entire day with a group and got shafted, and waitresses and waiters spend maybe 1-2 hours tops with a group so they only lose out on that time, not get a entire day wrecked, it's not Car wreck to car wreck, it's scraped knee to car wreck. one ruins a day the other ruins a hour its not the same.

And I'm not saying I'm completely ok with it either but it's as you know just part of the business as I knew it when I was working as a guide, it all gets balanced out in the end and if you are consistently getting stiffed you may want to think more about what your doing wrong not that it's always the customers fault. when I worked as a guide if I didn't get a tip more often then not I would think about what I might not have done right on my end, not always blaming the customer. now there are times when you will still do everything perfect and get stiffed but that is usually the exception not the rule.