#136 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,637 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

Praise the Lord and pass the Potato Twisters! I went to Applebee's with a few friends and my savior. "Jesus," I said, "there is more to life than loaves and fishes! If your father, the good Lord, hadn't intended for us to eat their delicious Sizzlin' N'awlins Skillet, He wouldn't have created Applebee's on the eighth day." Jesus kicked off his sandals, grabbed a strawberry limeade, and soaked up the delightful ambiance. Hallelujah! We discussed weddings, miracles and that trick, Mary Magdalen, over Southwest Shrimp Fettuccine. It was a real nice evening until the uppity waitress brought the bill. She charged me $6 for serving me. Aaaaaw hell no! I told Jesus his daddy doesn't even get $6. I don't care what the tipping policy clearly stated on the menu says. Nobody gets 18% from me. I said, "Jesus, have your daddy turn that girl into a pillar of salt. Demand she kill her first born. SMITE HER!" Jesus started talking that love and forgiveness nonsense. I said okay, wrote a note on my credit card slip, and left without giving that waitress a penny. The next day I decided I hadn't been ignorant enough. I called that restaurant and demanded that they fire everybody because my note was all over the internet. That's the proper Christian thing to do! Don't forgive. Get even. Applebee's sucked right up to me because my $30 will make or break them, and they know it! I might have said something about a plague on both their franchises, but I'm not certain. Bottom line: If you don't want to tip, if you are a hypocrite, if you follow the teachings of God only when you feel like it, Applebee's is YOUR neighborhood grill and bar. Can I get an amen!?! http://www.yelp.com/...r-saint-louis-7

#137 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,316 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

People don't need to be religious to justify themselves for being assholes. Both religious and non-religious do it every day with no outside assistance whatsoever.

for example:

You can thus conclude that not only Is the lady in the middle of this story a bit of a wench, but she's also kinda dumb when it comes to math.

don't see why you had to start dropping gendered slurs but hey whatevs

ps get fuged, moron

#138 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 8,132 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

^Posted Image

#139 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 21,547 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

so saying karma is a bitch is quite the double irony no?

this is classic what were you thinking? what was the pastor thinking was going to be accomplished by her snide remark? what was the server thinking was going to be accomplished in posting a pic of this?

a cautionary tale of self righteousness coming back to bite you.

#140 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 21,547 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

http://rlstollar.wor...-a-photo-essay/

A photo essay of Applebees PR disaster

that link was pretty awesome. :lol:

#141 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,513 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:38 PM

But its also another example of a group going after someone who holds a religious position simply because they don't like her religion.

I don't see anything wrong with that.

#142 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,513 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:42 PM

Blaming her religion for this is stupid. Nothing in her religion would promote this kind of action. Just the opposite actually. If she had acted in the way her religion suggests, none of this would have happened.

People don't need to be religious to justify themselves for being assholes. Both religious and non-religious do it every day with no outside assistance whatsoever.

That's the problem with religion. Everyone gets to make up their own rules as they go along and expect the rest of the world to "respect my faith."

#143 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,451 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

The term for that thing you don't see anything wrong with is "bigotry".

That's the problem with religion. Everyone gets to make up their own rules as they go along and expect the rest of the world to "respect my faith."

I don't know of a single religion that says "just do whatever you want and justify it because you're one of us".

The whole Idea actually flies in the face of belief systems in general.

#144 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,513 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

I guess that explains why there's just that one solitary denomination of Christianity huh.

#145 L.A. Fanatic

L.A. Fanatic

LOWER YOUR FONT!!!!!!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationLALA Land

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

There isn't anything wrong with that in America we get to do poo like this

#146 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,003 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:45 PM

I don't know of a single religion that says "just do whatever you want and justify it because you're one of us".

wasn't that literally the impetus for the foundation of the church of england?

#147 L.A. Fanatic

L.A. Fanatic

LOWER YOUR FONT!!!!!!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationLALA Land

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:46 PM

The term for that thing you don't see anything wrong with is "bigotry".

Only in the eyes of hyper sensitive pussies

#148 L.A. Fanatic

L.A. Fanatic

LOWER YOUR FONT!!!!!!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationLALA Land

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:48 PM

Ive worked in restaurants for years and years and you can't post guests checks on the web, it will and should get you fired at every single restaurant in this country

#149 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,916 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

Posted Image

On Tuesday, a Reddit user named Jfastman uploaded a photo of a receipt for a pizza delivery that included 85 pizzas totaling $1,453. "My friend delivered 85 pizzas today and got a $10 tip," he wrote. The story kicked off a fiery debate prompting dozens to write comments such as "The delivery guy deserved more" and "Ten dollars is cheap!" Others insisted that no one could realistically expect to receive a 20 percent tip on such a large order.

:startle:

#150 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,718 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

$10 on an 85 pizza delivery is cheap... but I don't think the guy should have tipped $292 either.

I would think $50 would be about right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com