261 replies to this topic

#196 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:48 PM

Speaking of tipping. Anyone have that d-bag friend that over tips no matter what? You know the one that tries to make you feel bad when you simply give a fair tip? This guy will tip $3 for a cup of coffee at waffle house.

I always tip whats fair and if it's great service I throw in extra money. But if it's subpar don't expect any favors.

#197 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,553 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:00 PM

Speaking of tipping. Anyone have that d-bag friend that over tips no matter what? You know the one that tries to make you feel bad when you simply give a fair tip? This guy will tip $3 for a cup of coffee at waffle house.

I always tip whats fair and if it's great service I throw in extra money. But if it's subpar don't expect any favors.

How do you know he is trying to make you feel bad?

#198 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:21 PM

Because literally every time we go out some where he self righteously talks about tipping.

#199 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:37 PM

They pay mid level marketing people $120k?

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR!!!!!

I made 123k as a Sales manager a the largest Honda dealership in the state,

My current positions base salary is 78k however with the incentives build into it I can make upwards of 150k. Its also probably better if I described it as upper mid-level.

Jealous much Panthro? Do some research before you post...

Depending on what your exact position is smart ass.

#200 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,959 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:06 PM

settle down samantha...I wasn't attacking or questioning you. When you said mid level marketing I was surprised at a salary of 120k...that is all.

So you posted about making 120k at your old job and made it sound like it was your current mid level marketing job. It's your fault for not making any sense...I'd work on the communication part of your job description if you want to hit those incentives.

Why would I be jealous? Do you get jealous of people that make more than you?

#201 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,553 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

Because literally every time we go out some where he self righteously talks about tipping.

That's dumb. I'm a big tipper but I am conscious of tipping when everyone is throwing in. IF I am paying nobody has to see what I tip with a credit card anyway.

#202 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,553 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:13 PM

Do you get jealous of people that make more than you?

I used to be. Then I made a couple of dollars and realized there will always be someone making more than me.

#203 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

my wife used to be a server and times were tough for us back then so we really appreciated the extra cash. I've been a generous tipper ever since...but it's not automatic. I will walk away with zero tip if you screwed up my order or if you were rude/stinky/etc etc etc. And...if there's an issue in the kitchen...come and let me know...if not, I'm assuming you screwed up!

#204 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,959 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

I used to be. Then I made a couple of dollars and realized there will always be someone making more than me.

Yep.

I'm a big fan of quality of living. I would rather make less and have more independence than work 60 hours a week to make 20-30% more.

I am worth more on the market than I am here but my job is secure, I come and go as I like, work with some family, and really enjoy what I do.

It's what you make a priority in your life..

#205 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,521 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:49 PM

i generally tip 50-100% on anything under 5 bucks

#206 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:18 PM

settle down samantha...I wasn't attacking or questioning you. When you said mid level marketing I was surprised at a salary of 120k...that is all.

So you posted about making 120k at your old job and made it sound like it was your current mid level marketing job. It's your fault for not making any sense...I'd work on the communication part of your job description if you want to hit those incentives.

Why would I be jealous? Do you get jealous of people that make more than you?

Touche for once.

My old job had ridiculously long hours and the money wasn't guaranteed, as for my new job I am a regional HR director of communications and marketing for at&t, I oversee operations very little hands on.

#207 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:19 PM

i generally tip 50-100% on anything under 5 bucks

As someone who as recently as four years ago worked in the bar industry myself I have the same tipping standard.

#208 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,959 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:39 PM

Touche for once.

My old job had ridiculously long hours and the money wasn't guaranteed, as for my new job I am a regional HR director of communications and marketing for at&t, I oversee operations very little hands on.

I've thought about leaving my industry for another as I'm growing bored.

Interesting

#209 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:59 PM

I've thought about leaving my industry for another as I'm growing bored.

Interesting

I finished a masters in personnel communications and marketing and with my experience managed to land the job, can't complain more time with the fiance.

#210 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,553 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:35 PM

One local dad got a pretty unpleasant Father's Day surprise when he paid his bill at Friendly's Restaurant & Pub (3503 Roger Place; 314-771-2040) on Sunday afternoon.

Joe Gibson told the Post-Dispatch that he spent the day with his four-year-old son at the Missouri Botanical Garden before grabbing a late lunch at Friendly's.

Everything was fine until the bill arrived, bearing a message about Gibson's kid in very unfriendly, adult terms.

http://blogs.riverfr...t_friendlys.php

Wonder if he left a tip

Friendlys_receipt.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com