261 replies to this topic

#16 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,985 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

$0 tip is a dick move. Non-tippers are the most militant people I know about it too.

i think it's case by case, I've some waiters think they deserve a tip just because they are a waiter and they don't, I've only stiffed a waiter twice ever and both times it was because I got horrible service. Now I'm sure just like I have expirenced lousy tip doesn't always mean lousy service but sometimes they are just jerks. But it's not always the reason why.

#17 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

I support his actions...

And you have obviously never worked in the food industry.

Look, we get it, it is a tough economy... But, if you cant afford to tip, then why go out for 200 dollars worth of food?

If you are a cheap bastard, who wont tip 15%+, then just order your food for pick-up to go.

No one wants to be your slave for free.

#18 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,567 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

i think it's case by case, I've some waiters think they deserve a tip just because they are a waiter and they don't, I've only stiffed a waiter twice ever and both times it was because I got horrible service. Now I'm sure just like I have expirenced lousy tip doesn't always mean lousy service but sometimes they are just jerks. But it's not always the reason why.

I've never left a $0 tip but I honestly can't recall getting bad enough service to warrant it. I try to keep in mind that "bad" service often comes from being understaffed or is the chef's fault for screwing up an order. Often the server is handcuffed

#19 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,567 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

Look, we get it, it is a tough economy... But, if you cant afford to tip, then why go out for 200 dollars worth of food?

If you are a cheap bastard, who wont tip 15%+, then just order your food for pick-up to go.

Yeah. And to people like this guy who feel the need to be agressive about it, I tell them that I am not arguing to argue that you need to tip. I tell them you will look like a jerk to a bunch of people.

I had a vendor stiff the tip in front of clients which was just dumb.

#20 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

Bad tippers are lousy lays

#21 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,929 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

If you're gonna be my slave you sure as hell better do it for free

#22 TbTeRRoR

TbTeRRoR

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

Actually his post was a joke at my expense. You sir, SK, shall receive no tip from me.

Aside from that tomfoolery I don't agree with it. Christians are supposed to willingly give 10% of their earnings. Servers, 18% of a bill. Its not an equal comparison and the "pastor" or whoever should not make it.

#23 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

ayy lmao

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,183 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

i've heard rumors that there are actually organized groups of churchgoers who go out to lunch on sundays and don't tip in order to protest people working on the sabbath. which is sort of like going to a strip club and then pissing on the toilet seat in the bathroom to show your displeasure with such a den of lust.

the reason i don't know for sure is because i was raised greek orthodox and we just kind of went to each others' restaurants and ate for free after church.

#24 catfang

catfang

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,350 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

The fact that he is a pastor is irrelevant, not sure why he would take the time to write it on the note. If you don't make enough to afford the automatic tip, then sit at seperate tables, or go by a chicken place and get some takeout.

"I am a pastor and give my (own) church money (that I get from other people). I'm holier-than-thou therefore you should'nt complain that I am a total jerk who stiffed you on a tip" I guess thats what he considers good reasoning.

#25 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,376 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

I figured this would generate some discussion... the guy is a complete dick and living proof of everything people hate about organized religion.

#26 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

what a pathetic human being.

I agree. That server should find a real job.

#27 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

Not surprised by these comments. Stereotypes aren't true, right?

The jokes on you

#28 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

lol.

I post generalizations alot, especially when quoting people. I didnt mean to call you out personally, just anyone who thinks with that kind of logic.

The truth is that restaurants pay their wait-staff 3.00 an hour.

At the end of the day, the only job we do for the business is to put your order in the computer, the rest is a service that we perform for the customer. Getting drinks, food, making sure food is in proper order, cleaning up after brat kids, getting anything else you need, lisen to your stories, taking care of payment, etc... and then the business makes us clean the place after all the customers are gone for cheap labor.

At the end of the day, a customer can place a pick up order, come get the food himself and eat it at home, and a waiter is not needed... so if you are not going to tip, then dont expect wait service. If you think that the business should pay the wait-staff instead of tipping, then expect worse service and more expensive food.

#29 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

Just curious, what does organized religion have to do with one guy being a jerk? I'm a Christian and an excellent tipper, but I assure you the two aren't related... This guy wanted to be a jerk, and he succeeded, using his convictions as an excuse... That's not an organized religion issue... it's a personal problem...

#30 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,929 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

Not surprised by these comments. Stereotypes aren't true, right?

The jokes on you

Still following me around I see.

Oh and please explain what stereotype you're talking about. Tia.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com