#31 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,034 posts
  • Location704

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

Yeah it's a problem with a simple solution.

Don't tip? Stay at home or get take out.

Everyone should be a server/bartender for one year of their life. It's just one of those thing you need to do. It's like living in the dorms at college. You need to do it.

#32 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

I agree. That server should find a real job.

or the minister should stop eating at real restaurants.

#33 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,034 posts
  • Location704

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

Still following me around I see.

Oh and please explain what stereotype you're talking about. Tia.

I'm sure u can use your brain and figure it out. I was a server/barkeep during my years in college. You learn a lot from people by watching them eat.

#34 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • 7,598 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

No you have to say it so the entire internet hears you

#35 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,034 posts
  • Location704

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

or the minister should stop eating at real restaurants.

I was just kidding around. I was a server throughout college. We should make a judgement free thread about awful service industry stories. I live to share mine and love hearing about them.

#36 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,570 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

So I don't feel sorry for a waiter or waitress that gets a bad tip because I know I've worked harder then them and still gotten stiffed.

What kind of fuged up logic is this?

I was a youth ski instructor for 12 years. My lessons were 6.5 hours long and included lunch. Of those 6.5hours we were on the snow for at least 5.5 hours. I've never had a more physically demanding job than teaching children (I'm talking as young as 4) how to ski in groups.

Take 28 four year olds, because the retards in registration didn't cut off signups and overbooked, on a ski mountain by your self and get stiffed by half of them and then come back to me.

I've also worked as a river guide for three summers so I know the comparison.

You should feel bad for someone who gets shafted out of their lively hood, especially if they are doing their job with some modicum of competency. I've also worked as a server and bar tender, off and on, for the better part of a decade. It's no fuging cake walk.

Your statement is about on par with having been in a car wreck, then when seeing another car wreck happen, you just drive on by because, well, "mine was worse".

#37 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • 7,598 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

^^ For some reason you get to kid around but when I do it it seems to reaffirm an unstated stereotype of yours..

weird how that works

#38 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,830 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

Just curious, what does organized religion have to do with one guy being a jerk? I'm a Christian and an excellent tipper, but I assure you the two aren't related... This guy wanted to be a jerk, and he succeeded, using his convictions as an excuse... That's not an organized religion issue... it's a personal problem...

It is a personal problem, but I've known a LOT of people that use their religion as an excuse to be an asshole... but to be sure, they're not the only ones.

tbqh I'm not really sure what to make of this guy? Did he think it was funny? Was he trying to make some point or show that he was a pious religious person to someone there? I have no idea.

#39 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,034 posts
  • Location704

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

What kind of fuged up logic is this?

I was a youth ski instructor for 12 years. My lessons were 6.5 hours long and included lunch. Of those 6.5hours we were on the snow for at least 5.5 hours. I've never had a more physically demanding job than teaching children (I'm talking as young as 4) how to ski in groups.

Take 28 four year olds, because the retards in registration didn't cut off signups and overbooked, on a ski mountain by your self and get stiffed by half of them and then come back to me.

I've also worked as a river guide for three summers so I know the comparison.

You should feel bad for someone who gets shafted out of their lively hood, especially if they are doing their job with some modicum of competency. I've also worked as a server and bar tender, off and on, for the better part of a decade. It's no fuging cake walk.

Your statement is about on par with having been in a car wreck, then when seeing another car wreck happen, you just drive on by because, well, "mine was worse".

Yeah Doc Holiday is talking out of his ass. He doesn't know the circumstances behind the incedent or individual. He's using generalizations to reaffirm his tight butthole.

#40 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,034 posts
  • Location704

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

It is a personal problem, but I've known a LOT of people that use their religion as an excuse to be an asshole...

See: 9/11

#41 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,034 posts
  • Location704

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

^^ For some reason you get to kid around but when I do it it seems to reaffirm an unstated stereotype of yours..

weird how that works

Okay then be honest. Speak your mind. Judgement free zone.

Do you choose to be a poor tipper?

#42 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,451 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

I figured this would generate some discussion... the guy is a complete dick and living proof of everything people hate about organized religion.

Maybe, although I think reading the tinderbox and other message boards might give one a skewed view of the attitudes of the vast majority of people about organized religion. Most people either like it, or don't really care about it one way or the other.

My view on it is that religious groups are just like any other group, they have their share of decent people, and their share of fools. This guy is obviously in the latter category.

#43 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • 7,598 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

Okay then be honest. Speak your mind. Judgement free zone.

Do you choose to be a poor tipper?

>Judgement free zone.

>Types a prejudiced sentence immediately afterwards

#44 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

It is a personal problem, but I've known a LOT of people that use their religion as an excuse to be an asshole... but to be sure, they're not the only ones.

tbqh I'm not really sure what to make of this guy? Did he think it was funny? Was he trying to make some point or show that he was a pious religious person to someone there? I have no idea.

I think it's much more simple than that... I think he's (a) cheap, and (B) a jerk... I think it makes him a bigger jerk using his faith to condescend people... Not very Christ-like...

#45 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • 7,598 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

^^^^I wonder why you're too much of a pussy all the sudden to say what you mean...?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.