#76 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,427 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

Pastor was apparently a female. Stop saying "this guy."

That said, color me unsurprised by the mentality that caused her to not want to tip, and leave a snarky comment. It's the same mentality that allows her to believe that there is some holy force out there that will ultimately save her from herself.

#77 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 31,540 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

Self rightous *****

Man, don't call me names...

#78 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,427 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

Maybe the pastor should have realized what her actions would look like in the view of a wider audience instead of the one or two people she assumed it would go to...

Also, the waitress who was fired should have used Paint or something to make the signature unreadable... Her bad on that...

#79 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 15,540 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

For what it is worth Applebee's had to fire her.

#80 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 31,540 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

For what it is worth Applebee's had to fire her.

Yeah, I'm sure they have corporate policies about such... still, it's on this "pastor" for calling and making a bigger deal about it. What good was it gonna do? She's the one that was the asshole.

#81 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 15,540 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:40 PM

Here is Chelsea:

http://www.stltoday....a672e6527c.html

Posted Image

Chelsea Welch (right) from Wentzville collects donations for bail money from participants in Occupy St. Louis who were not arrested by police in the early hours of Saturday, November 12, 2011, in downtown St. Louis. Photo by Johnny Andrews, jandrews@post-dispatch.com

#82 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,370 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

Here is Chelsea:

http://www.stltoday....a672e6527c.html

Posted Image

What exactly are you insinuating here, HP? She participated in an occupy protest, what's your angle?

#83 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 15,540 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

What exactly are you insinuating here, HP? She participated in an occupy protest, what's your angle?

That was just the picture I found.

But now we know she is a smelly dirty hippie.

#84 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,762 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

What kind of fuged up logic is this?

I was a youth ski instructor for 12 years. My lessons were 6.5 hours long and included lunch. Of those 6.5hours we were on the snow for at least 5.5 hours. I've never had a more physically demanding job than teaching children (I'm talking as young as 4) how to ski in groups.

Take 28 four year olds, because the retards in registration didn't cut off signups and overbooked, on a ski mountain by your self and get stiffed by half of them and then come back to me.

I've also worked as a river guide for three summers so I know the comparison.

You should feel bad for someone who gets shafted out of their lively hood, especially if they are doing their job with some modicum of competency. I've also worked as a server and bar tender, off and on, for the better part of a decade. It's no fuging cake walk.

Your statement is about on par with having been in a car wreck, then when seeing another car wreck happen, you just drive on by because, well, "mine was worse".

I've worked 7 seasons in the last 5 years as a river guide, guided in Australia and Brazil for 2 of those.

My point was you don't see me running to the internet to voice my displeasure with a group after I spent an entire day with a group and got shafted, and waitresses and waiters spend maybe 1-2 hours tops with a group so they only lose out on that time, not get a entire day wrecked, it's not Car wreck to car wreck, it's scraped knee to car wreck. one ruins a day the other ruins a hour its not the same.

And I'm not saying I'm completely ok with it either but it's as you know just part of the business as I knew it when I was working as a guide, it all gets balanced out in the end and if you are consistently getting stiffed you may want to think more about what your doing wrong not that it's always the customers fault. when I worked as a guide if I didn't get a tip more often then not I would think about what I might not have done right on my end, not always blaming the customer. now there are times when you will still do everything perfect and get stiffed but that is usually the exception not the rule.

#85 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

• HUDDLER
  • 3,762 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

Great logic

I also don't feel sorry when a 5 year old gets belted across the face by his father because when I was that age and I did something wrong my father would punch me straight in the heart and i would get palpitations

Floppin is right, your reasoning sucks

not saying you have to agree with it, but I guess you could say I'm tired about hearing waiters and waitresses bitch and moan about things that in large part are considered part of the Job, as I told Floppin, I've been shafted worse and didn't go running to the internet to complain about it, it's just part of the Job.

and yeah I know the girl has been fired but, but she should have known it was a possibility when the thing went viral Applebee's doesn't want their customers feel like if they get lousy service and stiff the waitress they are going to get ostracized for it through the media. yeah it sounds good to the waitresses and waiters out there but as a company you don't want that.

the Girl let someone else's stupidity get her fired, because of her reaction to that. you have to be smarter then that.

#86 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,808 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

Terrible example for a pastor to set.

Don't like a restaurant's tipping policy? Go elsewhere. Don't be a jerk about it.

#87 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,082 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

Applebee's is a terrible corporation to work for and if you've ever worked there for even three minutes you'd know how terrible they're run

#88 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

• HUDDLER
  • 3,762 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

Terrible example for a pastor to set.

Don't like a restaurant's tipping policy? Go elsewhere. Don't be a jerk about it.

Yeah, the pastor said it was the waitress that ruined her reputation, hardly thinking that she have been the cause of that and not the waitress.

#89 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

• HUDDLER
  • 3,762 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

Applebee's is a terrible corporation to work for and if you've ever worked there for even three minutes you'd know how terrible they're run

been once in 10 years and the one time I went wasn't of my own choosing. so yeah applebees sucks

#90 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,082 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

It's like McDonald's with table service re: the food

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.