261 replies to this topic

#91 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

I've worked 7 seasons in the last 5 years as a river guide, guided in Australia and Brazil for 2 of those.

My point was you don't see me running to the internet to voice my displeasure with a group after I spent an entire day with a group and got shafted, and waitresses and waiters spend maybe 1-2 hours tops with a group so they only lose out on that time, not get a entire day wrecked, it's not Car wreck to car wreck, it's scraped knee to car wreck. one ruins a day the other ruins a hour its not the same.

And I'm not saying I'm completely ok with it either but it's as you know just part of the business as I knew it when I was working as a guide, it all gets balanced out in the end and if you are consistently getting stiffed you may want to think more about what your doing wrong not that it's always the customers fault. when I worked as a guide if I didn't get a tip more often then not I would think about what I might not have done right on my end, not always blaming the customer. now there are times when you will still do everything perfect and get stiffed but that is usually the exception not the rule.

you know why? BECAUSE YOU WERE WORKING AS A FREAKING RIVER GUIDE IN BRAZIL!

my god... I would work for 2 cups of rice a day as a river guide in brazil before I would wait tables at an Applebees in St. Louis.

#92 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,869 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

you know why? BECAUSE YOU WERE WORKING AS A FREAKING RIVER GUIDE IN BRAZIL!

my god... I would work for 2 cups of rice a day as a river guide in brazil before I would wait tables at an Applebees in St. Louis.

Yeah i know it was real tough lol, I was working there basically just to pay for expenses for my stay like a working holiday, I was making just enough to pay for room and board, and that was it.

I made bank in Australia though and partied like a rockstar for the last 3 weeks with all the extra cash I had lol

#93 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,329 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

This is the pastor...
Posted Image

#94 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,496 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

Yahoo story on the waitress being fired (link)

Chelsea Welch, the waitress, wrote in an email to Yahoo News that the pastor (who has since been identified as Alois Bell) told Welch's manager at the St. Louis-area Applebee's that the ensuing firestorm had "ruined" her reputation.

Then maybe you shouldn't have been a wench about it.

You ruined your own reputation, lady. All she did was tell the story.

#95 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

Posted Image

#96 SZ James

SZ James

herd it on routers

• HUDDLER
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

welp

http://m.stltoday.co...ntguid=seIxGG57

The incident took place at the Applebee's location at Kingshighway Avenue and Chippewa Street in St. Louis.

Here is what's not true:

• The server who served the pastor received no tip.

"The guest did pay her bill in full, including the auto-gratuity," said Dan Smith, an Applebee's spokesman.

And here is what's true:

• The server who posted the receipt no longer works at the Applebee's.

"Our guests’ personal information – including their meal check – is private, and neither Applebee’s nor its franchisees have a right to share this information publicly," Smith said. ""This individual is no longer employed by the franchisee."

#97 x djdrew x

x djdrew x

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:55 AM

if you're gonna go out to eat and get bad service at least tip 15%, if you don't like it, order food to-go and be a cheap ass. fug what you think about what someone deserves, if the boss didn't like what you did that day because someone else didn't do their job properly so he didn't pay you for the time you worked on whatever it is you did....well, you'd be pretty fugin' pissed too. 2.13 an hour for normal servers, it's not minimum wage but it damn sure should be.

#98 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 17,005 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:20 AM

welp

http://m.stltoday.co...ntguid=seIxGG57

The fact that the server ended up with a tip has nothing to do with the pastor. The computer forced it through it seems. The pastor seems like the type that would have called and had the tip removed.

The pastor's intent was to leave no tip and be a passive-agressive holier than though bitch about it

#99 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,496 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:24 AM

Weird :blink:

Next we'll hear that Manti Te'o is involved in this.

#100 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,817 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:49 AM

The fact that the server ended up with a tip has nothing to do with the pastor. The computer forced it through it seems. The pastor seems like the type that would have called and had the tip removed.

The pastor's intent was to leave no tip and be a passive-agressive holier than though bitch about it

I agree... idc that she "actually" left a tip or not... she claims she also left a cash tip... mmmm hmmm, sure she did.

This would have never seen the light of day except for her snarky note left on the receipt... she brought all this on herself. Yeah, the waitress chick probably shouldn't have posted it online... and she definitely should have cropped off any reference to both Applebees and the "pastors" name... but the pastor lady still didn't have to push it and get the girl fired... she just ended up doubling down on asshole.

#101 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 17,005 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:52 AM

Saw this today lol

http://www.wwtdd.com...n-and-you-cant/

Posted Image

#102 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,806 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

seems like double karma going on. each trying to prove a "point" ends up suffering.

i guess this will be the Pastor's last supper at Applebee's?

#103 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,336 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

I saw last night on FB where an aetheist did a similar thing, but not even an autotip was left. The tab was over 200, and the server said something like "have a blessed day" as she dropped off the receipt for signature. The customer wrote a sentence or two stating how they are tired of people shoving religion down their throat.

#104 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 6,031 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:44 AM

I saw last night on FB where an aetheist did a similar thing, but not even an autotip was left. The tab was over 200, and the server said something like "have a blessed day" as she dropped off the receipt for signature. The customer wrote a sentence or two stating how they are tired of people shoving religion down their throat.

Yeah but does anyone really care if some random person, atheist or not, is a jackass? Nope.

Its the fact that a "pastor" acted in a most un-Christian manner that made this one noteworthy.

#105 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,336 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:06 AM

I don't really care about either case. Asses are asses regardless of religion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.