261 replies to this topic

#106 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,923 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:08 AM

I agree... idc that she "actually" left a tip or not... she claims she also left a cash tip... mmmm hmmm, sure she did.

This would have never seen the light of day except for her snarky note left on the receipt... she brought all this on herself. Yeah, the waitress chick probably shouldn't have posted it online... and she definitely should have cropped off any reference to both Applebees and the "pastors" name... but the pastor lady still didn't have to push it and get the girl fired... she just ended up doubling down on asshole.

lol nope. The pastor lady was a jerk, sure. But this doesn't deserve this much publicity. Her name was posted online and now the fuging reddit atheist army is stalking her over this. And the pastor didn't push to get anyone fired. When interviewed she's done nothing but own up to her mistake and apologize. That was applebees' decision on their own. The only one complaining is the girl that got fired.

Ms Welch told The Consumerist: 'When I posted this, I didn’t represent Applebee's in a bad light. In fact, I didn’t represent them at all. I did my best to protect the identity of all parties involved. I didn't break any specific guidelines in the company handbook - I checked.

She went on: 'But because this person got embarrassed that their selfishness was made public, Applebee’s has made it clear that they would rather lose a dedicated employee than lose an angry customer. That's a policy I can't understand.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2Jf02Avba

haha WHAT?

#107 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,560 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

I think what bothers me and many people about this is it is an example of sniping someone you don't know. Anyone who decides to take a shot at a stranger for no reason is slightly sadistic and slightly psychopathic. Whether it was a power thing (I'm a pastor bitch) or a race thing or just her nature doesn't master.

She could have dealt with the tip professionally but decided to add an FU I'm a pastor.

The girl who posted it isn't right and she lost her job. But at least it was a reaction and not just screwing with someone you don't know.

#108 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,068 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

Justfying not tipping because you are a pastor....then eating at Applebees.... This person does not have ANY dignity to lose!

I havent tipped wait staff at Applebees a couple of times in college..not bc im rightous..but bc it was out of the way awful service.

As an adult I dont go there willingly bc its glorified tv dinners. Bleh

#109 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

• HUDDLER
  • 6,068 posts

Justfying not tipping because you are a pastor....then eating at Applebees.... This person does not have ANY dignity to lose!

I havent tipped wait staff at Applebees a couple of times in college..not bc im rightous..but bc it was out of the way awful service.

#110 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

• HUDDLER
  • 6,068 posts

#111 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:56 PM

Yeah I saw that the reddit masses were unhappy and got her personel information. Not a good combo for the other person lol.

#112 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:01 AM

I think what bothers me and many people about this is it is an example of sniping someone you don't know. Anyone who decides to take a shot at a stranger for no reason is slightly sadistic and slightly psychopathic. Whether it was a power thing (I'm a pastor bitch) or a race thing or just her nature doesn't master.

She could have dealt with the tip professionally but decided to add an FU I'm a pastor.

The girl who posted it isn't right and she lost her job. But at least it was a reaction and not just screwing with someone you don't know.

Yeah if she just would have just not tipped her - I mean hey it happens. Her using God and her religion to justify a cheap, inappropriate act to sound self rightous was an extra kick to groin.

We don't know the whole story and there's a chance the service was poor, but her comment makes me believe otherwise.

#113 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 9,351 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:22 AM

She's probably a habitual stiffer, one that ALWAYS leave $0 no matter how good the service, size of the bill, ect. She got pissed when they forced the 18% automatic charge on her and that's why she left the snobby note on the receipt. Some people... what are you gonna do I guess...

#114 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,455 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:23 AM

Bottom line: This cult leader will undoubtedly go on soaking her gullible congregation for 10% of their meager income, while continuing to spout inane comments like the one found on the check. The Invisible Man in the Sky will never see a penny of those funds, but why would he require legal tender in the first place? Meanwhile, add a few more names to the ever growing list of those persecuted because of superstitious fools looking to impose unfounded, fanciful, bronze age beliefs on others.

#115 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,983 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:19 AM

If people who claim to follow God want to steal from his people and are that arrogant and audacious. I kinda think God will find away to make it square.
This incident shows that some.

#116 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,914 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:52 AM

If you leave a $0 tip it will always appear that you are just a cheap bastard no matter how bad the service was.

If you want to let them know their service sucked you leave them a penny.

#117 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,895 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:01 AM

There are all kinds of angles to this, including the fact that the acutal waitress was not the one to post the reciept and the fact that the pastor actually paid the auto tip. If this is true, then couldn't she just be objecting to the company doing the "auto" thing? I mean, she did pay the tip, why not be able to express whatever you want to management?

#118 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,914 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:06 AM

There are all kinds of angles to this, including the fact that the acutal waitress was not the one to post the reciept and the fact that the pastor actually paid the auto tip. If this is true, then couldn't she just be objecting to the company doing the "auto" thing? I mean, she did pay the tip, why not be able to express whatever you want to management?

You get up and say it to them. Snarky notes on a receipt gets you ignored or worse.

#119 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,895 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:10 AM

You get up and say it to them. Snarky notes on a receipt gets you ignored or worse.

If she paid the tip, then I don't care what she writes

She could have written, "I wish you didn't serve alcohol" or something, I don't care. As long as the waitress got paid, she can express herself in any way she pleases.

#120 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,526 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

lol stirs is defending this

shocker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com