#122 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,738 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

Spoiler

i agree that posting it online was a stupid move but what she wrote on there was a dick move reflecting a dickish worldview. she would be somewhat exonerated if she had in fact paid the 18% anyway, but in the interview she specifically says that she "was charged the 18% by the restaurant anyway" indicating that she chose not to tip at all

indefensible IMO

#123 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,981 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

SZ posted stuff from some St Louis paper indicating that in fact the lady DID pay the auto tip.

Therefore, since she also got along with her waitress, who was not the one, according to the article that posted the receipt online, then I think she can say what she wants.

Again, she paid the tip and had no issues with her waitress, so it seemed like she was saying something against management.

How did you come about your opinions?

#124 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,987 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

If you believe her story, she paid the auto tip at least and another cash tip on top of that. I know some people aren't going to believe that but I thought I would give her account since people we're saying that she has trying to get the girl fired which wasn't true at all.

Earlier in the thread I know I was making jokes because I thought it was posted just because there was potential for humor. I didn't know that her name was posted and that people were stalking her and putting her address out there. National uproar over a fuging note left on a receipt. Sorry but I feel like the way people are reacting to this is way worse than what she did.

#125 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,505 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

Just another example of religion giving people excuses to act like fuging assholes.

#126 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,981 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

If she had not paid the tip or had been rude and used her position as a pastor as some sort of excuse, then she would deserve scrutiny. I personally would never leave a note on a receipt, but that is just me.

Bottom line, she did right by waitress, so anything she writes on a note does not bother me.

#127 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,646 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

She was charged the auto tip. I doubt she paid it. Certainly was not her intent.

When I go out the initial charge is often adjusted in a day or two. You service people can tell me why that happens.

#128 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,104 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

Just another example of religion giving people excuses to act like fuging assholes.

But its also another example of a group going after someone who holds a religious position simply because they don't like her religion. I agree she put herself out there, but making her private information publicly known is going to far, and is a far worse thing than what she did.

#129 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,646 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

But its also another example of a group going after someone who holds a religious position simply because they don't like her religion. I agree she put herself out there, but making her private information publicly known is going to far, and is a far worse thing than what she did.

DDII. If instead of "Pastor" she had written any sort of leadership position would the reaction be much different?

Town councilman, CFO, business owner, NFL QB whatever.

#130 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,981 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

She was charged the auto tip. I doubt she paid it. Certainly was not her intent.

When I go out the initial charge is often adjusted in a day or two. You service people can tell me why that happens.

"The guest did pay her bill in full, including the auto-gratuity," said Dan Smith, an Applebee's spokesman.

I think the "crusader" who posted the reciept was definitely out of line. Original waitress got her tip, this chick stuck her nose in someone elses business in a personal snit or agenda evidently.

She would actually fit in quite well on the Huddle

#131 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,104 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:04 PM

DDII. If instead of "Pastor" she had written any sort of leadership position would the reaction be much different?

Town councilman, CFO, business owner, NFL QB whatever.

NFL qb would have gotten a lot of attention, especially if it was Cam. :) CFO of a large company would have gotten a lot of attention to, since they are hated by some groups nearly as much as pastors these days. If its a small company, probably wouldn't have garnered much attention.

I doubt town council or business owner would have went viral. Perhaps if town council member or business owner was already famous, but thats about the only way.

#132 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,501 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:42 PM

The customer told her manager that their reputation had been ruined by having the receipt posted on Reddit. “It’s strange to me that now that the audience is wider than just the server, the person is now ashamed.” the sever said. Hopefully the pastor has learned a valuable lesson and in the future will keep her ancient sky god superstitions to herself and her cult of followers. It should be common knowledge that large groups dining out are charged a mandatory 18% gratuity. If you don't like it, have a potluck at the church. As far as the fired server that posted the receipt is concerned, lesson learned, you can do much better than Applebee's. I wouldn't serve their meals to my dog.

#133 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,646 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

http://rlstollar.wor...-a-photo-essay/

A photo essay of Applebees PR disaster

#134 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 40,318 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

Blaming her religion for this is stupid. Nothing in her religion would promote this kind of action. Just the opposite actually. If she had acted in the way her religion suggests, none of this would have happened.

People don't need to be religious to justify themselves for being assholes. Both religious and non-religious do it every day with no outside assistance whatsoever.

#135 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 40,318 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

Also on the topic of stupid arguments, the logic behind her message is pretty dumb too.

The Biblical tithe would mean 10% of her total paycheck.

The gratuity would have been 18% of whatever her meal cost.

Unless that Applebees location charges some unheard of prices, I'm pretty sure her tithe is going to be a significantly larger amount than her tip.

You can thus conclude that not only Is the lady in the middle of this story a bit of a wench, but she's also kinda dumb when it comes to math.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com