#17 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,312 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:35 PM

the show has grown on me. btw- fx does a very solid job of cranking out good shows.

#18 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

Unicorns! Show ponies! Where's the beef!?

• HUDDLER
  • 6,131 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:35 AM

For those of you podcast inclined: Grantland pod with Andy Greenwald and the showrunners (approx 50 minutes)

#19 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,399 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:59 AM

the show has grown on me. btw- fx does a very solid job of cranking out good shows.

Very true, I keep seeing these very vague promos for their new show 'The Bridge', apparently its from overseas.

#20 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 11,163 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:30 AM

Very true, I keep seeing these very vague promos for their new show 'The Bridge', apparently its from overseas.

Clever marketing, it gets people talking and visiting their website.

Sucks the first season of The Americans is over, one of the few shows that is a must see for me.

#21 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,410 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:32 PM

Fx is usually solid.  That is why most shows they put out I give a chance.

I loved the first season as well.  I loved that both sides seem intelligent, whereas other shows one side is completely retarded (The Following comes to mind, I haven't watched last 3 episodes though).  I also like that I caught myself wanting the "bad" guys to win lol.   Their handler, Marge something(IRL) was amazing, as she was in Justified (another great show). 

The action was totally believable too, although I figured they'd have checkpoints in a permieter when they escaped but maybe not at that point in history.

I'm not sure I'd say this is better than Homeland though, "maybe" better than 2nd season of Homeland, but the first season of Homeland is hard to touch.  Both are great shows though.

#22 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 6,915 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:07 PM

Yep, its a show about a serial killer between the Mexican and U.S. border.  Hopefully it will be better than some of the serial killer themed shows that came out this year.

#23 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

Unicorns! Show ponies! Where's the beef!?

• HUDDLER
  • 6,131 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:34 PM

Fx is usually solid.  That is why most shows they put out I give a chance.

I loved the first season as well.  I loved that both sides seem intelligent, whereas other shows one side is completely retarded (The Following comes to mind, I haven't watched last 3 episodes though).  I also like that I caught myself wanting the "bad" guys to win lol.   Their handler, Marge something(IRL) was amazing, as she was in Justified (another great show). 

The action was totally believable too, although I figured they'd have checkpoints in a permieter when they escaped but maybe not at that point in history.

I'm not sure I'd say this is better than Homeland though, "maybe" better than 2nd season of Homeland, but the first season of Homeland is hard to touch.  Both are great shows though.

Margo Martindale. As it stands, her status for next season is up in the air, as she filmed a pilot for CBS and there's a good shot that it gets picked up

#24 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,219 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:01 PM

Love this show. I'm pumped for season 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.