49 replies to this topic

#1 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,465 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

NEW ORLEANS – Baltimore wideout Jacoby Jones almost didn't get a chance to enjoy his mother's gumbo this week.

Jones, a New Orleans native, visited Charlotte last spring on a free agent tour and was set to sign with the Panthers. But after his agent encouraged him to take his final visit to Baltimore, Jones signed with the Ravens and ended up in his hometown for his first Super Bowl.

Jones said he met with Panthers quarterback Cam Newton and former offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski during his visit, and came away impressed.

“It was great,” Jones said Wednesday. “I was like, 'Man, I'm leaning this way.'”
Jones said the Panthers' offer was similar to the two-year, $7 million deal he received from the Ravens, whose team unity was the deciding factor.

“When I walked in the locker room, I was done. I was like, 'I'm signing,'” Jones said. “How these guys act to each other, it was like a family.”

Jones' 30 receptions were third most among the Ravens' wideouts, trailing Anquan Boldin and Torrey Smith. He averaged 30.7 yards a kick return – tops among players with at least 17 returns
Jones said he would have been the Panthers' No. 3 wideout, but wasn't sure he would get to return both kicks and punts.

“They were kind of decided of Brandon LaFell” as the second wideout, Jones said. “He played pretty well. They had a returner (Kealoha Pilares). And they had a guy (Joe Adams) they drafted. I was looking at that, too.”

With a Super Bowl trip that included his mother making 150 plates of Cajun food for the Ravens, Jones said he made the right choice.

“The fun part is playing in the Super Bowl, period. A lot of great players and Hall of Famers haven’t made it to the Super Bowl,” Jones said. “But just playing in New Orleans, that puts the icing on the cake.”
--Joseph Person

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/

#2 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

ayy lmao

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,149 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

wow.

you know, people can say whatever the fug they want about cam and his superman celebrations or the towel or whatever but the problem is clearly much bigger than that.

#3 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • 9,673 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

SMH

#4 countryboi

countryboi

• HUDDLER
  • 2,386 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC born and raised

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

doesnt seem like a shot at the panthers but a praise of the ravens... team unity is kinda subjective

#5 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,914 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

I don't know that he's saying the locker room was bad here so much as saying it was better in Baltimore.

#6 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,673 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

This doesn't surprise me one bit. Say what you want about Ray Lewis, but he has got to be one of the all-time "leaders of men" to ever play in the NFL.

#7 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,602 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

wow.

you know, people can say whatever the fug they want about cam and his superman celebrations or the towel or whatever but the problem is clearly much bigger than that.

starts at the top.

#8 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,929 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

He's not saying anything bad about the Panthers. He's saying the Ravens was the better choice. Looks like he was right.

#9 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 3,242 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

ok

#10 TopCat

TopCat

Swerve

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

He didn't really take a shot at us lol.
I'm not surprised either, I feel like our players are a lot more layed back then say a Ray Lewis or T suggs. We won't find Beason dancing and preaching, which isn't bad of course.

#11 Dex

Dex

Knight of Sunlight

• HUDDLER
  • 6,685 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

Posted Image

#12 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,446 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

Translation: The Panthers locker room has a losing mentality.

#13 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,465 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

I don't think it was a shot at us either, it's just that the Ravens have more leaders in their locker room, Hurney even said it after he left, someone HAS to step up.

#14 mjligon

mjligon

@mleezy53

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

Nothing to see here

#15 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,521 posts