Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ravens team unity was the deciding factor for Jacoby Jones over Panthers

50 posts in this topic

Posted

Papa Jerry isnt going to like this...

Posted

jacoby chose ravens because they had a way better coach and defense....which means a wayy better chance at a super bowl.

point and blank...he just didnt want to come out and say it because you would sound like lebron lol

you think these players are stupid lol they know who;s gonna help them get that superbowl....guys are not coming here until rivera is gone. it has nothing to do with cam.

Posted

He stated he visited the Panthers during Spring (March - June) as a Free Agent.

That would have placed his visit between the following events:

Rookie Mini-Camp: May 11-13

Mini-Camp: June 12-14

OTA's: May 22-24, May 30-June 1, June 4-7

How can you judge a team's locker room/team unity/leadership based on these events? Most of the players are vying for a roster spot and the team as whole wouldn't be complete until early September.

His decision had to have been made based on current leaders on the team. Say what you want about Ray Lewis, but that man can command a locker room or any room for that matter.

Posted

Much ado about nothing.

Posted

I'd imagine the team unity is much better on a team that's made the playoffs the last few years vs. a team that went 2-14 and 6-10.

Posted

He's not taking a shot at the panthers at all were a young team with not too many veterans. The ravens locker room as a bunch of old souls and lets not forget ray lewis. Plus it's not like jones had a gangbusters kind of year with them anyway.

Posted

We missed out on a marginal wideout..... whoopty doo

Posted

No leaders since Jake and Minter. Jon Beason is close. Luke will be the one.

Posted

My bad, I wasn't trying to put words in his mouth. What I meant was...

Synopsis: The Panthers locker room has a losing mentality.

That being said, do you disagree that we have a losing mentality?

I disagree wholeheartedly. We are a young team that has lost its way. Simple as that. The FO set this team on a course for failure when the team was bankrupted of veteran leadership, questionable high draft picks and, arguably, gambling with tomorrow's draft picks today (mentality). This may have temporarily lead to a culture of losing for a season or two, but especially in retrospect that was a fait accompli. I reject the notion that Rivera, Cam, Smith, Beason, or Davis would even accept a losing mentality.

We missed out on a marginal wideout..... whoopty doo

Would have helped us out more than a little bit, if no where else but returns. If he is marginal, which I am not saying he isn't, then all of our WRs not named Smitty must be marginal.

Posted

I would choose the Ravens too. Choice would be obvious, homerism aside.

Posted

Well the Ravens are in the Super Bowl so...

Posted

Jones said he met with Panthers quarterback Cam Newton and former offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski during his visit, and came away impressed.