Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ravens team unity was the deciding factor for Jacoby Jones over Panthers

50 posts in this topic

Posted

This thread is three pages long and no post from Brooklyn Boy claiming how this whole fanbase is overly sensitive and butthurt?

I am disappoint

Posted

seriously who in their right mind would pick this organization over the Ravens

Posted

The Ravens are an older team where the Vets want to take the youngester under their wings. You definitely can see that.

Posted

No leaders since Jake and Minter. Jon Beason is close. Luke will be the one.

What's your idea of a leader? You cannot force feed leadership. Flaco is the QB but you can tell he's more than happy letting a Vet like Ray lead the Ravens. I don't think this team lack leadership. It's just a matter of asking oneself, who spirit is leading this team?

Remember, every team breathes their own culture. No outsider nor rookie can realy change a culture. Those within who breathe that continuous culture has to want to change.

Posted

Homerism aside. Pick a team that has made the playoffs a lot recently vs a team who hasnt. Easy pick.

Posted

How about Ozzie Newsome vs Marty Hurney!

Posted

This team was took its slumps in the past but I feel we are rising. By the way, do y'all remember that season where brad Hoover was being interviewed and he was like its a shame that some players don't really care?

Posted

“They were kind of decided of Brandon LaFell” as the second wideout, Jones said. “He played pretty well. They had a returner (Kealoha Pilares). And they had a guy (Joe Adams) they drafted. I was looking at that, too.”

Sounds like the team locker room unity thing was the PC way of saying, "I got more of a chance to be on SportsCenter returning punts and kicks AND being the #3 receiver in Baltimore than just being the #3 receiver in Carolina. Big plays=Big payday$$$ on my next contract."

Posted

So Beason's not a leader, but Luke's going to be one?

And Jones made the right choice choosing the Ravens over us. All you have to do is look at where each team is at now.

Posted

“They were kind of decided of Brandon LaFell” as the second wideout, Jones said. “He played pretty well. They had a returner (Kealoha Pilares). And they had a guy (Joe Adams) they drafted. I was looking at that, too.”

Sounds like the team locker room unity thing was the PC way of saying, "I got more of a chance to be on SportsCenter returning punts and kicks AND being the #3 receiver in Baltimore than just being the #3 receiver in Carolina. Big plays=Big payday$$$ on my next contract."

Yeah, I seen that and I could see him being on our team this year sitting down during special teams. Meanwhile, Pilares and Adams continue to have the underwhelming seasons they had. It took Ron 13 weeks into the season before seeing a 7th round safety was better than both guys in front of him. He would have been wasted here.

Posted

let me overreact over this super bowl week fluff piece

Posted

Let me choose between the team that hasn't made the playoffs since 2008, or the team that makes the playoffs every year. I'll say it was because of "team unity"