49 replies to this topic

#46 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  • LocationEverybody knows Carolina's my home

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

“They were kind of decided of Brandon LaFell” as the second wideout, Jones said. “He played pretty well. They had a returner (Kealoha Pilares). And they had a guy (Joe Adams) they drafted. I was looking at that, too.”

Sounds like the team locker room unity thing was the PC way of saying, "I got more of a chance to be on SportsCenter returning punts and kicks AND being the #3 receiver in Baltimore than just being the #3 receiver in Carolina. Big plays=Big payday$$$ on my next contract."

Yeah, I seen that and I could see him being on our team this year sitting down during special teams. Meanwhile, Pilares and Adams continue to have the underwhelming seasons they had. It took Ron 13 weeks into the season before seeing a 7th round safety was better than both guys in front of him. He would have been wasted here.

#47 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,057 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:02 PM

let me overreact over this super bowl week fluff piece

#48 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,595 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

Let me choose between the team that hasn't made the playoffs since 2008, or the team that makes the playoffs every year. I'll say it was because of "team unity"

#49 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,057 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

also at the time it probably looked like the ravens were a better bet for him to meet escalator clauses.

like he said, we'd just drafted Joe Adams, and had he'd probably have been the fourth/fifth receiving option.

#50 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

I don't know that he's saying the locker room was bad here so much as saying it was better in Baltimore.

Exactly, when you have a leaders like Ray Lewis and Ed Reed and you've went to the playoffs for five consecutive seasons. I mean it's a easy choice if you're not a Panthers fan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com