#31 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,086 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:09 AM

Obvious, but the mentality is that happens to other people, not me. Why I don't own a gun - the odds are better myself or my family will be shot by my gun than anyone else.

The statistics definitely support the fact that many gunowners are shot with their own guns.

I believe the biggest issue with this is that proper training on gun use, safety, etc are not requred. This is a prime reason why I support that aspect of a gun control law 100%

Use and safety training (with periodic re-training) should be required by ANYONE who purchases or owns a gun. We are required to pass tests to drive a car.....then we should be required to pass both a written and practical test on firearms safety and use.

#32 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:52 AM

Mr. Ratliff’s passion for firearms made him something of a celebrity on the Internet, where he helped make scores of videos about high-powered and exotic guns and explosives. His YouTube channel, called FPSRussia, became the site’s ninth largest, with nearly 3.5 million subscribers and more than 500 million views. http://www.nytimes.c...odayspaper&_r=2
Ratliff, a firearms expert, was surrounded by guns on January 3rd when he was shot and killed. Despite his skill and his personal arsenal he was unable to defend himself. His attacker, whom he probably knew, had the element of surprise in his favor. Unlike Adam Lanza's mother, Ratliff was not killed by his own gun, nor is there is evidence to suggest that Ratliff was irresponsible in how he handled his guns. We do not know yet how exactly he was killed, but what we do know is that his personal arsenal and his shooting prowess were not sufficient to prevent him from being murdered. The guns may have provided him with an illusion of safety, but even with all his skill and experience he was unable to defend himself. http://www.examiner....e-not-more-safe
The news, coming amid a national debate about gun control, rippled across the blogs and social networking sites where his videos were popular. Tributes on Facebook and Twitter came from fans stunned that such a well-armed expert had not been able to defend himself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMetDYGmfV4&feature=share&list=UUmNzgJJjGo5mleo62q8daJA

This is pretty fuging stupid knowing Ratliff provided the props for Kyle Myers. Kyle Myers (main FPS Russia character/gun enthusiast/gun demonstrator) is alive and well.

But awesome bullshit post you have there...

http://www.kentucky....in-georgia.html

#33 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,256 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:37 AM

You have a right to protect your property, not just your life. It is at the owner's discretion whether or not he feels his property is valuable enough to protect by using a weapon or to just allow someone to waltz in and take their stuff without putting up a fight because you feel confident enough that the masked man with a gun won't hurt you. Also, what about the possibility of sexual assaults? I would be willing to risk my life to prevent an intruder/predator from assaulting a loved one.

Are there roving bands of rapist and murderers that I am unaware of?

I like how your post progressed and by the end the value of a 32" Vizio = the rape of wives and children

#34 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,162 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:28 AM

Anyone with small children around should not have loaded guns just lying around...and if they do they should be trigger locked.

Even when I was a kid...we knew not to touch certain guns because trigger locks weren't as prevalent. But I can only think of a few times a gun was put up loaded (going hunting next morning and getting in late thing).

#35 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

if your property is "valuable enough to protect by using a weapon" you should reevaluate your life

If my property is worth some criminal risking his life then he needs to re-evaluate his life...

How am I suppossed to know if some hooded gang-member intruding in my house at night is there to steal my stereo... or rape my daughter and then kill the witnesses?

#36 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,256 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

If my property is worth some criminal risking his life then he needs to re-evaluate his life...

How am I suppossed to know if some hooded gang-member intruding in my house at night is there to steal my stereo... or rape my daughter and then kill the witnesses?

Why are they hooded?

Gangs have easier ways to make money than breaking into Cletus's home to steal his gas station sign collection.

People break in when people are not home at a considerably higher rate than if you are there. Then if you are there they usually bug out if they realize someone is home.

But not they are there to sodomize you while wearing your new Cam Newton jersey.

#37 vanilla B

vanilla B

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

Are there roving bands of rapist and murderers that I am unaware of?

I like how your post progressed and by the end the value of a 32" Vizio = the rape of wives and children

I didn't say TVs, there could be other priceless family heirlooms that is worth defending. I never said that was equivalent to rape, I used that as another example of something an individual might feel is worth defending. The point is it is up to the individual what they feel is worth risking their life. I don't think its worth risking ones life over a TV of any size or quality, but if someone feels they want to risk their life over it, let them.

#38 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

Why are they hooded?

Gangs have easier ways to make money than breaking into Cletus's home to steal his gas station sign collection.

People break in when people are not home at a considerably higher rate than if you are there. Then if you are there they usually bug out if they realize someone is home.

But not they are there to sodomize you while wearing your new Cam Newton jersey.

lol.

#39 vanilla B

vanilla B

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

if your property is "valuable enough to protect by using a weapon" you should reevaluate your life

It is the individual's right to determine how much he values their property (as well as their life). I'm not saying what I would do, only that it isn't your place or anyone else's to determine what a person values enough to risk their life for.

#40 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,796 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

I would expect to see the huddle judeo-christian values crowd agreeing with this sentiment in chorus... right guys? right?

#41 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,086 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

If someone breaks into my house while I am home, I am not going to try and determine what their intentions are.

I will shoot their ass dead before they get out of the entryway.

#42 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,590 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

If everyone was armed the freeways would be the most dangerous place on earth...

I don't support gun bans but as a personal choice I will not own a gun.* Simply when growing up my neighbors dad was shot by his stepmom.

She thought he was cheating on her and turned out she was wrong..If they did not own a gun she probably would have just talked it out and hit him with a frying pan..but nope he is dead and she convicted of Murder.

I am not saying that she could not have gone out to get a gun but chances are unlikely.

*Help me...I have a house with two women..I am not safe..I am anti gun bc I may be shot by a crazy female one day.

#43 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,657 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

Some of you give humanity entirely too much credit.

Something could happen, one bad thing, and the world as we know it could be changed.

Most people's first reaction is going to be shock. The next reaction is going to be a Darwinian one.

I support all upstanding citizens' right to be armed. I will support any legislation that won't make it tougher for upstanding citizens to maintain those rights.

I won't support/comply with legislation that removes anything from said citizens. I won't support/comply with legislation that puts further financial burdens on said citizens.

Most people arguing vehemently for tighter gun restrictions still don't accept that our country has become a less violent society over the past several years. I attribute that mostly to the fact that more people are armed now than used to be. I could be wrong, but knowing someone is or possibly could be armed is a pretty good crime deterrent.

I don't even like the NRA. I don't even like most mouth-breathing gun right activists.

What I hate more than all that is losing the few "freedoms" I enjoy as an American little by litte, due mainly to knee-jerk reactions and a desire to control those on the bottom half of the societal hierarchy.

#44 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,805 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

The statistics definitely support the fact that many gunowners are shot with their own guns.

I believe the biggest issue with this is that proper training on gun use, safety, etc are not requred. This is a prime reason why I support that aspect of a gun control law 100%

Use and safety training (with periodic re-training) should be required by ANYONE who purchases or owns a gun. We are required to pass tests to drive a car.....then we should be required to pass both a written and practical test on firearms safety and use.

You can't compare it to driving a car. We drive (practice) every day as part of how we get around, make a living, etc. Weapons training is a full time hobby on it's own if done correctly. The NRA consists mostly of people that don't want restrictions placed on their hobby. This "we defend against tyranny!" thing is just silly. When's the last time 98 percent of these people spent a weekend out on maneuvers training to fight evil, hypothetical invaders (or Obama Black Panther Police, I guess you could alternate scenarios)? Being in a militia actually requires, you know, militia training.

#45 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,010 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

If someone breaks into my house while I am home, I am not going to try and determine what their intentions are.

I will shoot their ass dead before they get out of the entryway.

or they will see your weapon and shoot you in that fat gut of yours

orrrr you could just call the police and stop acting like your flat screen tv is worth killing someone over

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.