Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you be interested in ODen

16 posts in this topic

Posted

I saw a tweet about us being one of the teams looking at Greg Oden.

Posted

I am very interested in Oden because he will come cheap but I feel like he goes to Miami. A disadvantage to a player being a cheap buy is that pretty much everyone can afford him (including the the good teams that have almost used up all of their cap space).

Posted

duh

Posted

If he can stay healthy. I dont think he can, but it would be worth the risk. However like stated, its worth the risk for good teams too.

Posted

worth the risk, we wont get him though. I would bet on him signing with the heat

Posted

I would be very interested in him if I was an Orthopedic Surgeon.

Posted

If I were him I would go to the Suns, assuming they still have their awesome medical staff.

Best team fit though might be the Spurs- they have some big men already there to shoulder some of the load, plus they rotate a lot and arent afraid to rest their players if they need it

Posted

He might go to a smaller market team that's willing to offer him more money, Charlotte might be one of those teams that doesn't give him a Minimum offer.

Posted

I wouldn't want to give him more than the minimum though. He has done nothing to show that he is injury free and can still play at a high level.

Posted

If I were him I would go to the Suns, assuming they still have their awesome medical staff.

Best team fit though might be the Spurs- they have some big men already there to shoulder some of the load, plus they rotate a lot and arent afraid to rest their players if they need it

Hey now, Steve Stricker has won trainer of the year multiple times. If an argument can be made for the Suns medical staff, the same should be made for our training staff.

Posted

I wouldn't want to give him more than the minimum though. He has done nothing to show that he is injury free and can still play at a high level.

Was just going off of a few things I've seen that say a few teams going after him are offering more then the league minimum.

Posted

No promise he wants to win a championship right away. If he were smart, he would go somewhere to quietly play some ball without having every little stretch and limp scrutinized by the media. Go under the radar for a few years, put together a healthy season or two, and then go all out for the money or the championship. I wouldn't touch a league minimum deal if I were his agent if other offers were on the table. It could be his last NBA paycheck. He's going to have to play it smart.