Photo
- - - - -

Chicago area Elementary School to have live fire (blank rounds) school shooting drill.

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,485 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

Full email from Principal to parents.

Dear parents:

At Cary-Grove and across District 155, we make your child’s safety our number one priority each day. As a parent, I can assure you that we understand our responsibility to return your child safely at the end of each day. While we take many preventative steps to keep our building secure, we also practice our response should a crisis arise. Some examples include meetings with first responders, a comprehensive crisis response plan, and simulations. We are planning a code red simulation on Wednesday, January 30. We feel it is important to explain the simulation to you in advance so that you and your child might be able to better understand what will take place on Wednesday.

The simulation will take approximately 15-20 minutes, during which time teachers will secure their rooms, draw curtains, and keep their students from traveling throughout the building. Please note that we will be firing blanks in the hallway in an effort to provide our teachers and students some familiarity with the sound of gunfire. Our school resource officer and other members of the Cary Police Department will assist us in sweeping the building to ensure that all students are in a secure location during the drill. At the conclusion of the drill, we will take some time to process what occurred and then we will return to our normal classroom routine.

I encourage you to discuss the drill with your student both before it happens and after. These drills help our students and staff to be prepared should a crisis occur, but it may cause some students to have an emotional reaction. In those cases, your voice may provide reassurances of the drill’s importance. Additionally, we have trained social workers on staff who can speak directly with your child should he or she need added support.

Should you have any questions, please contact me or any member of the Cary-Grove’s administrative team. Together, we can keep our school a safe place for your child to learn and grow.

Sincerely,

Jay Sargeant
Principal

http://chicago.cbslo...ks-in-hallways/

Well isn't that nice. Me personally? My kid wouldn't even be anywhere close to going to school that day. fug that and fug that guy.

#2 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

yea... f*ck that for real.

#3 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,499 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

Inconceivable.
Every one of those fuggers should be terminated immediately..

#4 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:15 AM

i don't see the problem i mean people kill people guns dont kill people

guns are just a tool just like scissors and pencils what do you want to do ban scissors and pencils

#5 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,335 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:25 AM

Guns were invented to kill, be that animals or other people. "Handguns anyone" While scissors and pencils were created with office work in mind.

#6 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:51 AM

yes but if you want to kill someone not having a gun isn't going to stop you and scissors and pencils and swimming pools and knives are literally as deadly as a gun so again i don't see the problem here

#7 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:56 AM

may i interest you in some science perchance?

Posted Image

why no calls for banning mountain ranges huh libs? i thought you guys loved statistics but i guess you only like statistics that support your communist agenda

really i don't see what's so dangerous about a tool i mean yeah people might shoot people with their guns but see what if a construction worker got mad and attacked you with a jackhammer that is literally the same and yet we don't hear any calls to ban jackhammers

#8 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,075 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:57 AM

I absolutely do not understand everyone's response to this on here.

This is nothing but a drill in the school to teach the kids what to do in the horrible chance that a shooting occurs in their school.

#9 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,075 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:58 AM

may i interest you in some science perchance?

Posted Image

why no calls for banning mountain ranges huh libs? i thought you guys loved statistics but i guess you only like statistics that support your communist agenda

really i don't see what's so dangerous about a tool i mean yeah people might shoot people with their guns but see what if a construction worker got mad and attacked you with a jackhammer that is literally the same and yet we don't hear any calls to ban jackhammers

Man you really are an idiot.

#10 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:01 AM

nope i think the logic checks out

checkmate, tubby

#11 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,075 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:04 AM

nope i think the logic checks out

checkmate, tubby

Crazy people always think their thoughts are logical....but, just like all of the other nut cases out there...you would be categorically wrong.

Keep posting your incoherent and illogical rantings....they do serve one single purpose. To amuse the rest of us.

#12 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:06 AM

are you suggesting that pencils and scissors and swimming pools and jackhammers are not as deadly as guns or what because uhhhhhh

#13 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,075 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:10 AM

are you suggesting that pencils and scissors and swimming pools and jackhammers are not as deadly as guns or what because uhhhhhh

Keep telling yourself that you are not a complete nut case....if you say it enough times, MAYBE...just maybe....it will become true.

#14 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:11 AM

which part of my rock solid defense of gun ownership do you dispute

#15 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,075 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:13 AM

which part of my rock solid defense of gun ownership do you dispute

Difficult to get to exactly what you believe in....have to wade through all of the ramblings and nonsensical rhetoric....your message gets completely lost in your delivery.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.