Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Survey: 27 Percent Of Americans Believe God Helps Decide Who Wins Sporting Events

48 posts in this topic

Posted

this made my day

tumblr_mas4xgeBnP1r53ifvo1_500.jpg

Posted

Never underestimate the ignorance of the American Public.

In 1999 Gallup did a poll and 20% of Americans think the sun revolves around the earth.

A Zogby poll found that 3 out of 4 Americans could correctly identify Moe Larry and Curly as the three stooges but only 40% knew that the executive, legislative, and judicial branches as the three wings of government.

Another Gallup poll found that 20% of folks believe we won our independence from another country than Great Britain. The two highest other choices were France (which is understandable) and China.

Yeah, China.........

Seriously...... China.......

Posted

isn't there a beer company that has Superstition by Stevie Wonder in the background playing while it shows various things fans go through to ensure victory?

God is too busy toying with dark matter and ecosystems since we are closer to colonizing Mars. THIS close. lol

Posted

In a recent poll, 9% of Americans believe a groundhog determines how much winter we will have...............

Posted

27% of Americans have an IQ under 80

Posted

I think no one really "knows" anything when it comes to matters regarding "God". I think that for many people (not myself), it provides an anchor in a life of uncertainty. I don't begrudge those who seek comfort somewhere in what can be a pretty callous and indifferent life. Although when the fanatically religious try to impose their personal beliefs upon my life and the world at large, I most certainly don't care for that.

I always find it ironic that the anti-religious and the "there is only science" crowd find it appropriate to belittle those with a faith. What is science, if not a quest for understanding? Looking at life from a scientific angle can certainly provide answers to many questions, but there will always be questions unanswered regardless of the lenses we use to look at life. In the end, I think we're all more similar than different overall.

Posted

I'm not very religious, but with how we lost some games this year---Bucs, Falcons, etc. I can say one of you mother fugers must have really pissed God off this offseason

Posted

I asked God on Facebook who was going to win. I will get back to you when he responds.....

Posted

Find this funny, because I go to Liberty University (a huge Christian school) and one of our coaches says "God doesn't give a piss about who wins or loses this game, so you better work hard one way or the other".

yo i live in lynchburg

Posted

You might be an idiot if......

You really think god cares about who wins an athletic event

Posted

Find this funny, because I go to Liberty University (a huge Christian school) and one of our coaches says "God doesn't give a piss about who wins or loses this game, so you better work hard one way or the other".

doesn't give a piss? are they not allowed to swear?

Posted

1 person likes this