Photo
- - - - -

Survey: 27 Percent Of Americans Believe God Helps Decide Who Wins Sporting Events

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#16 Coheed

Coheed

Loves Jon Beason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

you gotta be kidding me

I guess Greg McElroy loves Jesus more than The Golden Calf of Bristol.

#17 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,326 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

Here's my thoughts, i believe in a God not religion, i believe science to be true but the big bang theory. How did that start? Oh, some energy just decide to combust and poo and stuff started to explode and poo formed together. But where does that "poo" come from.? And in the grand scheme of those crazy, mind-boggling notions, do you think God or a god gives a flying fug about some super humans killing each other to get 50 to a hundred yards bringing a leather ball to a designated area whilst recieving millions of
"paper" dollars to be able to gain a platform to tell people about how great He is? Hell motherfuging no. But, it's entertaining as poo.

#18 Coheed

Coheed

Loves Jon Beason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

Here's my thoughts, i believe in a God not religion, i believe science to be true but the big bang theory. How did that start? Oh, some energy just decide to combust and poo and stuff started to explode and poo formed together. But where does that "poo" come from.? And in the grand scheme of those crazy, mind-boggling notions, do you think God or a god gives a flying fug about some super humans killing each other to get 50 to a hundred yards bringing a leather ball to a designated area whilst recieving millions of
"paper" dollars to be able to gain a platform to tell people about how great He is? Hell motherfuging no. But, it's entertaining as poo.

poo comes from butts, silly.

so basically

God is a giant sky butt.

Either that or Kalil's beard.

#19 Goondal

Goondal

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,333 posts
  • LocationHighlands Ranch, CO

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

Wow there are some stupid people in this country.

#20 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,326 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

poo comes from butts, silly.

so basically

God is a giant sky butt.

Either that or Kalil's beard.

Dont talk poo about Kalil's beard. It's more epic than God.

#21 Coheed

Coheed

Loves Jon Beason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

Dont talk poo about Kalil's beard. It's more epic than God.

but it is god.

#22 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,326 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

but it is god.

Touche sir, touche. And..............

Dethklok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need to see them live.

#23 Lumps

Lumps

Jase is butthurt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,542 posts
  • LocationSouth Charlotte

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

So energy combusting in space sounds silly compared to a male human figure who just imagines it into existence?

In a world of myth, there is no such thins as 'crazy' notions, but I agree ALL of them are mind boggling...simply because creator or not, we do not have the minds to understand. Maybe it was meant this way, we were meant not to know.

If my creator gives a poo who wins the super bowl I'm already fuged.

#24 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,326 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

So energy combusting in space sounds silly compared to a male human figure who just imagines it into existence?

In a world of myth, there is no such thins as 'crazy' notions, but I agree ALL of them are mind boggling...simply because creator or not, we do not have the minds to understand. Maybe it was meant this way, we were meant not to know.

If my creator gives a poo who wins the super bowl I'm already fuged.

Trust me I dont devalue your observations but there is scientific evidence of energy. Humans are made ofw carbon, much like everything else in this "reality," but there is no scientific evidence of God. Not to get too deep than i already have, but reality is subjective especially when you consider there are, what six or seven billion people on this planet? All i was trying to say is something cant come from nothing, at least from my understanding. Although maybe it can. And Go Panthers!!!!

#25 pantherfan82

pantherfan82

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • LocationNORTH CAROLINA

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

this made my day

Posted Image

#26 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 17,048 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

Never underestimate the ignorance of the American Public.

In 1999 Gallup did a poll and 20% of Americans think the sun revolves around the earth.

A Zogby poll found that 3 out of 4 Americans could correctly identify Moe Larry and Curly as the three stooges but only 40% knew that the executive, legislative, and judicial branches as the three wings of government.

Another Gallup poll found that 20% of folks believe we won our independence from another country than Great Britain. The two highest other choices were France (which is understandable) and China.

Yeah, China.........

Seriously...... China.......

#27 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 21,985 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

isn't there a beer company that has Superstition by Stevie Wonder in the background playing while it shows various things fans go through to ensure victory?

God is too busy toying with dark matter and ecosystems since we are closer to colonizing Mars. THIS close. lol

#28 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

In a recent poll, 9% of Americans believe a groundhog determines how much winter we will have...............

#29 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,823 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

27% of Americans have an IQ under 80

#30 iampantherman

iampantherman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:25 AM

I think no one really "knows" anything when it comes to matters regarding "God". I think that for many people (not myself), it provides an anchor in a life of uncertainty. I don't begrudge those who seek comfort somewhere in what can be a pretty callous and indifferent life. Although when the fanatically religious try to impose their personal beliefs upon my life and the world at large, I most certainly don't care for that.

I always find it ironic that the anti-religious and the "there is only science" crowd find it appropriate to belittle those with a faith. What is science, if not a quest for understanding? Looking at life from a scientific angle can certainly provide answers to many questions, but there will always be questions unanswered regardless of the lenses we use to look at life. In the end, I think we're all more similar than different overall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com