Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jack Harbaugh Claims Jim Said Kaepernick Was Best Player In 2011 Draft Back Then

31 posts in this topic

Posted

...and if he had drafted Cam he'd be saying the same thing.

1 person likes this

Posted

Really the only difference between Cam Newton and Colin Kaepernick is that if SF had drafted Cam Newton, they would have won the Superbowl last year, too.

1 person likes this

Posted

Remember Collin is from the QB class of 2011. That class has given us, Andy Dalton, Christian Ponder, Jake Locker, if he can stay well, and Cam Newton. That's 5 QBs who have set records or taken their teams to the play offs in their young rookie years.

Collin is in the SB and Cam, not RG or Luck, is who they are always putting him up against. IMO, Collin is a more Urban version of Cam. Consider yourselves lucky that Cam is the measuring stick all the other QBs are put up against. The only difference between Colin and Cam is the team they play for. They are both exceptionally talented young man from a class of exceptional QBs.

Posted

So Daddy Harbaugh claims Jim said Kaep was the best player in the 2011 draft?

Really weird drafting Aldon Smith ahead of him then and rolling the dice that the guy you think is "the best player in the draft" may not be there when you pick again in the 2nd round.

Posted

they are in the super bowl

we have been out of the playoffs since early November

they can say what they want

Posted

Todd McShay said Blaine Gabbert was the best player in the 2011 draft. So yeah, opinions are stupid and don't mean diddly squat

Posted

they are in the super bowl

we have been out of the playoffs since 2008

they can say what they want

this, but I fixed it for you

Posted

San Francisco was 5-2 with Alex Smith. With Kapernick they were 6-2-1. Truth is that Alex Smith was as responsible for them getting to the Superbowl as Kapernick this year. Funny how he gets no credit at all.

Posted

Kaepernick is top 5 out of that draft. His arm will mean he is good for a while. The idiots that think this is all pistol are funny

Posted

Kaepernick is top 5 out of that draft. His arm will mean he is good for a while. The idiots that think this is all pistol are funny

Actually the system makes him better than he is. This is the same system that made Alex Smith look great as well. Don't get me wrong he played very well but lets wait to see how teams game plan for him next year like they did for Newton this year. In fact I want to see how he does against Baltimore once they have prepared for him for only 2 weeks. And wait until Smith goes back to sucking next year like Cassel did while he left NE for KC.

Posted

Actually the system makes him better than he is. This is the same system that made Alex Smith look great as well. Don't get me wrong he played very well but lets wait to see how teams game plan for him next year like they did for Newton this year. In fact I want to see how he does against Baltimore once they have prepared for him for only 2 weeks. And wait until Smith goes back to sucking next year like Cassel did while he left NE for KC.

yeah some QB hungry team is going to get fleeced by the 49ers to get smith and get a rude awakening kolb/cassel style. it's pretty much a foregone conclusion at this point.

Posted

last year the 49ers played the Ravens with Alex Smith starting at QB and got shut down 16-6. Obviously the stakes are higher this go around, but I don't think you're doing justice to Colin's superior talent to say they're just as good as each other. It's going to be harder for the Ravens to sack Kaepernick 9 times like they did Smith, and so long as he can evade that rush and extend the play, the longer it's going to take for them to subdue the 49ers offense. That is unless Kaepernick just starts throwing picks everywhere and looks lost trying to find an open man, which I think is unlikely.

I still think Cam would look better than both of them if you throw him in that niners team, but unless either a: the Panthers' administration gets their act together quickly or b: Cam leaves this black hole called charlotte and moves to a franchise that knows how to build a football team, we might never see this materialize. But if it happens I'm totally throwing it in the face of everybody that spent years haranguing Cam for stupid bullshit like 1000 times over.