Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alabama hostage situation enters 3rd day

14 posts in this topic

Posted

The hostage situation in Midland City, Ala., is approaching its third day with no new developments.

“We really don’t have a whole lot to add. I hate to tell you that, but that’s the way it is,” said Dale County Sheriff Wally Olson at a morning news conference in which he refused to answer questions about the 5-year-old kidnapped from a school bus Tuesday afternoon or the 65-year-old man holding him.

That man, Jimmy Lee Dykes, reportedlystopped a school bus on a dirt road about 3:35 p.m., shooting the driver four times with a pistol before seizing a random kindergartner and returning to an underground bunker on his property.

I hope the kid gets out OK and then they torture this crazy old fug for a few days. If you flip out don't take children with you.

I read elsewhere that the poor kid fainted and that is why the man took him. What a nightmare for both the kids and parents.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/alabama-hostage-crisis-enters-44th-hour-5-year-old-victim-still-locked-in-bunker/2013/01/31/3e001bcc-6bc6-11e2-8740-9b58f43c191a_story.html

Posted

Day 4!

I'm surprised this isn't getting much press

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/01/16794411-alabama-child-hostage-given-meds-crayons-as-standoff-stretches-into-4th-day?lite

Posted

This is crazy.

Posted

Bury this old guy alive. It's funny how crazy fuggers always have a name like "Jimmy Lee"

Posted

Any updates?

Posted

Day 5. No updates.

This will not end well in some way.

Posted

Just finally heard about this on Yahoo. That school bus driver died a hero.

Posted

Nah, 'Merica doesn't have a problem with gun violence.

Posted

Oh I see what you did there.

Posted

Nah, 'Merica doesn't have a problem with mental health

FIFY

hillary-clinton.jpg

Posted

I do wonder if perhaps they could put some kind of knockout gas into the bunder thru the air pipe, maybe while the guy is asleep.

Posted

A gunman holding a 5-year-old boy hostage in an underground bunker in rural Alabama was killed on Monday and the child was plucked to safety without injury, a local law enforcement official said.

yay